GEN 2 Upfitter switches causing radio interference

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cbland1979

Reaction score
I am running two sets of Rigid D-Series PRO (spot and flood) in the front bumper. One set is on switch 1 and the second set is on switch 2. Whenever either or both switches are turned on, the radio reception turns to static. The lights are perfectly bright with no flickering and I've checked the ground multiple times and moved the ground to multiple locations all with the same result.

Has anyone else encountered a similar issue where running lights using your upfitter switches interferes with your radio? This has been bugging me after chasing the issue for a couple of months now. My Raptor is a 2018 model year.

HeavyAssault

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SO if you disconnect the lights and hit the #1 or #2 is the static present?

If so guess what....your lights are the problem. I would even consider adding extra grounding straps around the truck.

USMCTexian

Reaction score
Probably going to be the accessory causing the static. I have the same problem with my cellphone booster, but only when listening to AM radio. It doesn't affect any other frequencies or sources of sound. As mentioned by @HeavyAssault, yours might be alleviated by grounding straps. Mine is frequency interference. Keep us posted.

Dan096

Reaction score
Led lights are the problem ,switched lights out with halogen, no problem. Lights effectived radio reception like the antenna was unplugged. RF filters like the ones for amps may help.