Upfitter Switch Tailgate Release

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't plumb air to the wheels. I have a air chuck on the compressor mount itself, and one on the rear bumper that mirrors the keyhole for the spare tire hole.

Since the ARB compressor is a Dual pump compressor, each pump has its own wire and fuse. Each pump is ran using 10AWG wire. I routed the dual 10AWG wires through the firewall behind the glovebox area, then under the kickplates and door sills all the way to the area behind the seat. From there I routed along the power amp wires to make it look seamless. I grounded the compressors using dual 10AWG as well.

Attacted is a picture of the setup before I ran an addition airline out to the rear bumper.

Very nice. How did you route the air to the rear bumper?

OP
OP
Ruby

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
[/COLOR]
Very nice. How did you route the air to the rear bumper?

I ran a short braided steel line outside of the cab through the cab vent behind the seat. Then converted to a hardline the rest of the way to the bumper running along the frame rails.

xxaarraa

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a very thoughtful and useful mod. I have wanted a trunk pop button as well, and what a great way to use one of the up fitters. Thank you for sharing.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:02 PM ----------

Would this relay do the job?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01J53IH5M/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

I have to check what gauge wire I have in the garage.

OP
OP
Ruby

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OP
OP
Ruby

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Install guide Edited. Hope this has helped many so far. this is my favorite cheap and easy mod so far.

WestTXRaptor6

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why Ford did not just add a release button for the Raptors. My 2017 F250 has a tailgate release button near the pedal adjustments.

OP
OP
Ruby

Ruby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure why Ford did not just add a release button for the Raptors. My 2017 F250 has a tailgate release button near the pedal adjustments.

That blows my mind too. Its such a simple thing to implement. Everything in our trucks in present besides the actual button to realize the tailgate.