Upfitter Switch Alternative Options

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Alright, I’ve said it before, my opinion is that the upfitter switches on the Gen 1 are much more noticeable than on my Gen 2. It annoys me that they’re not in a more direct forward view when you’re driving and faintly lit.

My problem arises because I turn my rear facing Rigid floods on when I back into the garage at night(since OEM backup lights are worthless), and every once in a while I drive the next day with them on until I realize they are lit. I’m interested in other more noticeable switches that are visibly more distinct in notifying you when a switch is on, and don’t want to clutter up my dash. I know SwitchPros has some good options, but their website is down for maintenance.

Any photos of your custom retrofits will be appreciated. I’m good staying with 6-8 buttons max in the same location, if it will just get my attention better than the faint Teal Blue and Amber differentiator colors of the OEM switches. A vertical lit panel facing the driver would be better in that location. I also don’t want to pay someone to reroute all the upfitter switch wiring

THANKS!

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Holy crap, I should have known someone made something like this! I found exactly what I was looking for at Swarfworx......

Swarfworx SP-9100.jpg

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why not just use the reverse light circuit to trigger your rear lights, or wire an idiot light into that circuit so you don't forget?

i thought about tying ‘em into the reverse lights, but I prefer having them switch controlled because I use them at the ranch a lot, and when I’m pulling my trailer. They come in handy.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you can do both

I need to check into this with someone like Brave Motorsports locally then. I hear they do great work. Although I know I’ll probably walk out wanting more than just that.....looking at a KC M-Rack with side lights as well recently. I figure that’s better money spent than on the Morimoto XB’s......will likely be following with OnX6 50” Arced on it.‍♂️