Upfitter Aux switches always hot. Working but safe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

svtim

Reaction score
I hooked up some lights and a radio to my upfitter switches this weekend but also wanted to make the switches always hot and not switched on the ignition. It looks like jumping the 5AMP upfitter fuse with the ignition switch fuse right next to it does the trick. But is there some reason I should not do this? I only know enough to be dangerous. I did jump them and confirmed this works - my upfitter switches now turn on even if the ignition is off. So far nothing has blown up?

954DCA54-00C4-4EC8-B714-AFA0CD8F5475.jpeg
703AB539-938D-4702-8CF8-E01DDFAEE5F5.jpeg
B78B1BDB-A9F1-4AB5-A88A-B30151B9B281.jpeg

06JH3nMivb7S9lfPlaiKyo58w

0LIN7sdJ5Kd75MtaszscNZ8nA

0xQh9DEUo7RzF_SWylwAixFUQ

OP
OP
S

svtim

Reaction score
Got a notification from the fordpass app that my battery levels are low so i'm thinking this is draining the battery still somehow even with all the switches off.

The Car Stereo Company

aka grumpy car stereo guy
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i would keep it the way it was meant from the factory. any modification to the electrical in these trucks can cause issues. its not so simple these days with wiring in vehicles. i would put your own aux switches in instead wired directly to the battery

OP
OP
S

svtim

Reaction score
Yeah I pulled the jumper wire. Was consistently at 11.0V the next morning. There si the drive control switch on that circuit that is likely drawing it. Would need to cut the power to the switch and run a dedicated line, maybe from a light in the overhead?. To much work for now.