upfit switches

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

camo4stealth

Reaction score
OK, so I'm getting info from all over the place on upfit switches. If I get the bundle that's hot, run a wire to my accessory, then from accessory to the dead wire (same color other bundle) the switch will turn it on/off? How do I get power to the wire in the kick panel? The owner's manual is useless for this. WTF?

MnFlyer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK, so I'm getting info from all over the place on upfit switches. If I get the bundle that's hot, run a wire to my accessory, then from accessory to the dead wire (same color other bundle) the switch will turn it on/off? How do I get power to the wire in the kick panel? The owner's manual is useless for this. WTF?
There are 2 sets of 6 wires under the hood. On my 19 the set closest to the center of the truck is “hot”. The second set, closest to the passenger side, is the set that runs through to the kick panel.

If you want to power something like fog lights just wire the hot from the light to the hot wire near the center of the truck. Ground the light and your up fitter switch controls that light.

To power something in the cabin just connect to the pass through wires near the passenger side. Ground and voila.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cayenne

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One set of hot, one set of pass through. All this is outlined in the manual, and there are a couple WIKI / DIY post on here that you can follow

CigarPundit

On the road to serfdom...
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just to elaborate further on the posts above, you only need to connect the hot (typically red) wire from your light to one of the upfitter wires from the bundle closest to the center of the truck. The other wire (typically black) gets connected to ground, which means any part of the metal frame or body work connected to the frame. There are ground posts on the firewall under the hood, and at other locations throughout the truck.

Note that the Raptor Supplement contains a chart telling you which color wire from the upfitter bundle corresponds to which upfitter switch, and the amp rating of each. Be sure you connect to a switch that has enough current for what you are running.

Good luck.

rsbug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
A good example of utilizing the pass through on the passenger side is when you have a pair of chase lights facing aft on the cab or bed rails, or an after market brake light kit.
I used it for the yellow chase lights on the GJ Motorsports 3rd brake light setup. Upfitter switch 7 is utilized via connecting the same wire up under the hood

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I usually do all my own work within reason,but seeing all those wires both in the engine compartment and under dash made me feel like "Are you Feeling Lucky Today"... one wrong wire,and maybe knock out some $500 part...damn thing is all computers and electronics....SO..I took it to a small local RV shop...NOT FORD...RV shops fix wiring all the time...it was like a 30 minute job and $50 bucks...Just an option if your not feeling lucky.. :) Good Luck...

BBLV

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are people doing for labels on the switches? Just a simple printed label, or is there a better aftermarket solution?