Upfit switch - hot all the time for ARB Fridge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The ARB fridges are great.

I would recommend NOT using the lowest battery save setting so you don’t drain down too far.

Previously I used the ARB in an older Volvo XC90 and even the medium setting made that battery unhappy.

TRMFAM

Reaction score
I didn't use Forscan to enable 24/7 on of the 12v port because I didn't want the added drain on the battery. The ARB has a voltage sensor, such that if volts drop below a certain level, the fridge shuts off so you can still start the motor, which I thought was preferable to letting the truck run out of power first.

Apologies, I am slower than most, but I didn't follow this exactly...did you wire the ARB plug to the battery in the engine compartment or did you install a separate battery somewhere? If you are using the regular battery the draw is the same as both the ARB port and the stock port are tied to the battery. The stock ports are 12V ports and the ARB sensing software would work the same right? I have not left mine plugged into the Raptor long enough for it to reduce fridge power automatically...so far this year just day trips hiking and having dinner / drinks ready in the cooler.

On the 4Runner I had to run my own ARB plug b/c the stock ports only work with the key and as far as I know there is not a Forscan option on the Toyota to change the stock port behavior.

I also keep one of these in the Raptor for just in case:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B016UG6PWE/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Asinine

Reaction score
Wired the ARB directly to the battery.

Leaving the 12v port on adds drain to the battery because of system overhead and the USB being active, too, if I recall. I'll go days between starts sometimes, so I try to minimize drain as much as possible.

I had to run a plug in my Jeep because the OEM 12v outlet is too thin for the power draw of the ARB, so not knowing if the Ford 12v outlet could support the ARB was another concern.

Raptor Rookie

Reaction score
Great conversation! I would like to hijack with a little twist to this topic. I have a 2017 Raptor, ARB Elements Fridge, and Jackery 1500 Power Station. I would like to run a 12V input to the bed of the truck that will turn off when the truck is not running. I will plug my Jackery 1500 into the 12V input and my fridge into the Jackery. This will enable the Jackery to recharge while the truck is running and when cut off, the Jackery will automatically take over and put no drain on my truck battery. Therefore instead of running directly from the truck battery, I think I need to run through the uplifter switch (ARB pulls about 6 amps). Any suggestions?

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Great conversation! I would like to hijack with a little twist to this topic. I have a 2017 Raptor, ARB Elements Fridge, and Jackery 1500 Power Station. I would like to run a 12V input to the bed of the truck that will turn off when the truck is not running. I will plug my Jackery 1500 into the 12V input and my fridge into the Jackery. This will enable the Jackery to recharge while the truck is running and when cut off, the Jackery will automatically take over and put no drain on my truck battery. Therefore instead of running directly from the truck battery, I think I need to run through the uplifter switch (ARB pulls about 6 amps). Any suggestions?
If you go forward with this, start a new thread :)

Research this forum and the Expedition Portal forum. Using a battery isolator will be your best bet. I’ve got a write up on the Expedition Portal forum (same user name) of the isolator install on my 2018 Raptor.

I personally use a Hellroaring Isolator to charge my second battery in the bed, which runs my ARB Elements. The Hellroaring is solid state, made in Montana. Really good support too. I’ve got these on both of my pickups.

Whatever you do, make sure that you use heavy enough gauge wire and solid crimps. I ran 8 gauge to the bed.

DO NOT USE THE WIRE SPLICE UNITS. They will cause reliability issues down the road.

Best.