Upfit switch - hot all the time for ARB Fridge

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jbishop98

Reaction score
Neither the AC nor 12v outlets are on 24/7, and the 12v outlet doesn’t have enough amps to power the fridge.

I bought the ARB wiring kit and connected straight to the battery. The wires are long enough to run over the radiator support, through the clutch hole grommet, and under the sill covers to the back seat where I mounted the outlet box on the package tray. The ARB fits perfectly in the single jumpseat area, so the truck still seats 4 people plus fridge.

Any chance you can post some pics? Where is the clutch hole grommet you're speaking of. Thx!

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Three pics - wire lying across the radiator under the shroud, wire going through the firewall, and the mount on the under seat storage.

Exactly what I did with a 10g wire and ground directly to the battery with a 30amp fuse inline. I ran the 10g along the firewall, at the top, and went in through the Driver side grommet, down along the driver side door and then to then back seat where I keep my ARB 50qt Fridge/Freezer. Works 24/7 when I have it on, never think about it actually, very useful when we go to Grocery stores and are carrying back our (precious, expensive) meat.
Always on the floor of our back seat, love it there.

TRMFAM

Reaction score
Just curious why not use forscan to enable the powerpoints to remain on?

I did that and arb runs fine 24/7 off the one in back of center console.

I am mounting same plug in bed so when cab is full I can put fridge in bed. I also have a diamond back cover so not worried about theft but we will see how well it does in heat this summer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wheelman55

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use ARB fridge in my Raptor and F250.

I believe that the ARB fridges cool to a max of 50 F degrees below ambient. If it’s hot in your truck you’ll get cool and maybe not cold. Freezing temps are not really possible with a high ambient temp.

I love my ARB fridges, however they have limits.

TRMFAM

Reaction score
I use ARB fridge in my Raptor and F250.

I believe that the ARB fridges cool to a max of 50 F degrees below ambient. If it’s hot in your truck you’ll get cool and maybe not cold. Freezing temps are not really possible with a high ambient temp.

I love my ARB fridges, however they have limits.
Makes sense just like your home HVAC only can do so much...I did not know the mark was 50* below ambient, thank you for that.

Do you run the insulated ARB cover on yours? I ran the fridge last summer in the 4runner and no issues at all but I dont set it to below freezing anyway...I just got the cover and anxious to see if it makes a difference this summer in the bed under the diamondback where i assume will be hotter than in the cab.

Asinine

Reaction score
I didn't use Forscan to enable 24/7 on of the 12v port because I didn't want the added drain on the battery. The ARB has a voltage sensor, such that if volts drop below a certain level, the fridge shuts off so you can still start the motor, which I thought was preferable to letting the truck run out of power first.

Thermoelectric coolers cool to around ~40 degrees below ambient temperature at best. I've run my ARB fridge in 90+ degree temps and it'll still cool to 27 with ease.

Hotter outside temps just means it sucks up more of the battery, so the hotter it is outside, the more frequently I have to go for a drive to charge the battery. For reference, I mostly use it camping when I'm wheeling my Jeep. The ARB will run for 2-3 days if the weather is hot, whereas it'll run for 4+ days with moderate temps.

I have the cover and it helps, but hard to say how much.