upfiiter cutout control v2.0

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ogdobber

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Is there a way to set this up that it would be open when the truck is shut off, then closes itself automatically after like 10 seconds after the truck has started? Getting ready to change my exhaust setup for the dovetail bed, so I'm planning ahead. Wouldn't mind the exhaust being a bit more quiet during cruising, but then louder when I want it to be.
Anything is possible, but a lot of work when you can just leave the switch on (as soon as you starts it opens again) and turn it off when you hop in

Cody Templeton

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like I've figured out one part of the equation to make this easier, although I'm not sure if it's going to work with the upfitter buttons since they are not momentary.

It looks like this is properly setup with two relays and a timer that when it receives a key on signal it starts the timer to open the cutout, and then once the timer ends it closes the cutout. It looks to also have a momentary button to manually override the timer that one press opens the cutout, and then a second press would close the cutout. I feel like this is a much simpler solution than trying to use separate timers and relays with the aux switches.

OP
OP
ogdobber

ogdobber

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It looks like I've figured out one part of the equation to make this easier, although I'm not sure if it's going to work with the upfitter buttons since they are not momentary.

It looks like this is properly setup with two relays and a timer that when it receives a key on signal it starts the timer to open the cutout, and then once the timer ends it closes the cutout. It looks to also have a momentary button to manually override the timer that one press opens the cutout, and then a second press would close the cutout. I feel like this is a much simpler solution than trying to use separate timers and relays with the aux switches.
The whole idea is to use an upfitter to control the cutout.