Updated MPT Tune after Ford PCM Update - WOW!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tech10002

Reaction score
Total ******** from a guy that joined 4 days ago. First off, it's the Magnuson-Moss act, not Moss- Magnuson. Show me one thread in here that ever said a tune will invalidate an entire warranty. I'll wait, I want to see all of "the sky is falling" posts and threads.

You know-it’s ****** like you that always drive people off forums. I know what the ******* act is called and didn’t ask for the grammar police. Excuse me if I typed it backwards. I never said anyone in this forum said anything. I was talking about forums in general. You read all kinds of posts all over the internet scaring people to death unnecessarily saying you’ll void your warranty if you change your license plate bolts.

I might have joined 4 days ago, but I am not a newbie and could contribute a lot of Forscan and electronics knowledge. I thought maybe this forum might be different, but there’s always some ******* that has to make it miserable for everyone else. **** you oldfart.

It never takes long to remember why I stopped posting in the other forums. Sigh.....

OP
OP
B

BendSprinter

Reaction score
You know-it’s ****** like you that always drive people off forums. I know what the ******* act is called and didn’t ask for Sigh.....

Don’t let it get to you. I read it the same way you did and it’s the reason I’m in and out of this forum for long periods. Your previous comments were well stated and thought out.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You know-it’s ****** like you that always drive people off forums. I know what the ******* act is called and didn’t ask for the grammar police. Excuse me if I typed it backwards. I never said anyone in this forum said anything. I was talking about forums in general. You read all kinds of posts all over the internet scaring people to death unnecessarily saying you’ll void your warranty if you change your license plate bolts.

I might have joined 4 days ago, but I am not a newbie and could contribute a lot of Forscan and electronics knowledge. I thought maybe this forum might be different, but there’s always some ******* that has to make it miserable for everyone else. **** you oldfart.

It never takes long to remember why I stopped posting in the other forums. Sigh.....

Oh, I don't know, maybe you stopped posting on other forums because you think you are much smarter than you are and you're a bit of a jackwad and people would tire of you quickly? The grammar police?? Do you even know what grammar is? You are trying to talk like a know it all about something you don't even know the name of! That doesn't have a ring of stupidity to you?

"(Chris Miles says) I'm with you, man. I'm running a Cobb Stage 2 w/ TCM. My point is that there is a lot of bad info on this forum regarding tunes and warranty. Your experience proves it."

"(Tech10002 says") Agree completely. There’s a lot of “the sky is falling” type posts on tunes and voiding your warranty."
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do you twist that into, "Hey man, I was talking about other forums and the internet in general?" Show me where you said people on the internet say things that aren't true about tunes, show me where you said that some people on some other forums said things that weren't true about tunes. You can curse and everything!!! You are a true hero. Give yourself a trophy for being awesome.:winner_first_h4h:

You join a forum that has a ton of REALLY knowledgeable and helpful people, start sh*t talking about them 4 days after you join, and then get butthurt when someone calls you on it. Did I violate your "safe space"?

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

BendSprinter

Reaction score
I created this thread to share info on the update tunes, pcm update and MPT service.

Unfortunately this like many threads here has gone drastically downhill as the result of someone being a *****.

Embarrassing that I have to unsubscribe from my own thread.

So fragile egos feel good “Oldfart” you’re 100% right and I’m sure always are......I’m out.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I created this thread to share info on the update tunes, pcm update and MPT service.

Unfortunately this like many threads here has gone drastically downhill as the result of someone being a *****.

Embarrassing that I have to unsubscribe from my own thread.

So fragile egos feel good “Oldfart” you’re 100% right and I’m sure always are......I’m out.

I'm not always right, just most of the time. :cool: From where I'm sitting, I don't appear to be the "fragile" one in here. If I'm a ***** for calling out someone that's been on the site for 4 days for sh*t talking about members and a site he knows nothing about, than I am proud to be a *****.

Last edited:

Fyatrk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have been rolling the MPT tune since 9/2018 on my 2017. I have been incredibly happy with the tune. Had a leaky oil pan and went back to stock for a week or so prior to going in for service - hated it. Stock the truck is lethargic, shifting logic silly (not sure why I should be in 10th gear at 40mph), and I get frustrated with the Start/Stop feature being reactivated from not having the tune. Once the tune went back on I loved the truck again.

Got the Cam Phaser noise so back to stock for a week or so to make sure the truck has some starts on the ECU in stock form. The Cam Phaser replacement required a PCM reprogramming from Ford. The new PCM programming means needing an update with MPT to get a new stock file and rewrite all tunes. They were awesome to work with and within a couple days had my new stock file and all tunes back in hand.

Loaded up the 91prx today. The updated tune is even better than before. Shifting is buttery smooth and the power is still awesome. The new tunes are crazy good.

I know there are multiple tunes out there right now - I cant recommend MPT enough. I am not one to fiddle with things like this. The ability to plug this in, load the tune, unplug it an go is great. Furthermore, the ability to go back to stock is critical for me.

If your on the fence - give MPT a try. Lots of happy users on here and their latest tunes are incredible.
Which Tune did you go with?

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone use a PEDAL COMMANDER ? Does it really add a noticeable difference ?

All it does is modify the signals between the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) and PCM; you can do the same thing by pressing the accelerator down further. It also has been known to cause trucks to set DTCs and go into limp mode due to the PCM detecting that the APP signals are invalid. The PCM closely monitors the APP for any signal variation or signals that fall outside of the algorithm since it’s a safety related sensor input.

Ron Lanza

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All it does is modify the signals between the Accelerator Pedal Position (APP) and PCM; you can do the same thing by pressing the accelerator down further. It also has been known to cause trucks to set DTCs and go into limp mode due to the PCM detecting that the APP signals are invalid. The PCM closely monitors the APP for any signal variation or signals that fall outside of the algorithm since it’s a safety related sensor input.

So I guess your saying, I do not want this on my truck !!

Gdog

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my pedal commander on my 17 for a couple of years now. I love it and helps eliminate turbo lag. Recommend it