Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

Updated Gen3 Spy shots

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Antho, Oct 20, 2020.

1. NickyBiscuits

NickyBiscuits Member

On the edge? How much hp did they crank out in the gt40? 650? Factory race cars?
    Your right 450 is the limit. Don’t even put 93 octane in it. It can’t handle that.

2. Kaz109

Kaz109 Full Access Member

I am not disputing the directing Ford is going . I am disputing your blatantly misleading argument on why Ford did not put the blown V8 motor into the Ford GT.

Everytime this discussion is brought up that is your go to thing to say and you along with the anybody who knows anything about the Ford GT knows the reason they used a EcoBoost motor

snt505 likes this.
  3. 04Ram2500Hemi

04Ram2500Hemi It's Just a Username

So I know absolutely nothing about the GT other than it looked cool in person at Barrett Jackson. Is there a short answer to why Ford went with the EcoBoost in the GT?

4. Jakenbake

Jakenbake Full Access Member

If I had to guess it would have something to do with Ford working it’s way towards a truck heavy fleet and it would help with average fuel economy requirements for the fleet as well as give them the power/torque needed.

Going with it in the GT might be from a promotional aspect for the brand “ecoboost”. As in see how well it can do here, don’t be afraid to have it in a truck kind of thing.

I’m sure there are more reasons than what I mentioned, but I bet they played at least a small roll. This is my opinion only.

snt505 likes this.
  5. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

truer words haven’t been spoken lol!

6. John813

John813 Full Access Member

https://www.wired.com/story/ford-gt-return-glory-debord/

“It was all about challenging traditions,” Fields told me. “The traditional approach would have been to put a big-ass V-8 in there, or let’s do another V-12 and stuff it in. But [the team] came back and said that they could use a 3.5-liter EcoBoost engine that produces over 600 horsepower. And what that did for Moray and the team was that it gave the designers huge degrees of freedom, because the engine is so compact.”

FordTechOne and snt505 like this.
  7. Badgertits

Badgertits FRF Addict

had to do w/ the aero of the car & it was a big factor of the design....plus, they were already putting WAY more R&D $$$ @ EB platform to begin w/ soooo more economical

8. Eric10

Eric10 Member

Am I the only one who doesn’t care if they put out a sc v8? I love my eco boost especially after the tune and intercooler. I get 0-60 in under 5 seconds and get 18 mpg. Idk just wondering.

D36A2795-CEDE-4279-BFD1-DC5AD6FE53A0.jpeg

GR8Ride, 06z, Kashoggio and 3 others like this.
  9. BadWRP

BadWRP Member

10. SilverBolt

SilverBolt Hired Gun

The rear springs looks like they are about to launch out the back. Might be the photo angle but they sure look like they have a bad curve to them.