UPDATED: Bringing up Geiser coil springs again

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looking to raise the front end of my 2019. I installed 0 offset wheels and big mud tires now I get some rubbing...plus I like the look of a taller truck. I know Eibach are popular here because most discussions about springs always gravitate back to that brand, but I’d like more height than the 1.7”. Interested in Geiser coil springs to get more lift but they don’t seem as popular with the gen 2 crowd...and the few comments I’ve read indicate that they ride significantly stiffer. Mine is a 19 with Live Valve so it does already ride a little firm. Then theres the RPG Collar...it would get me the 2.5” but those seem to have fallen out of favor here. Any thoughts from you folks?

UPDATE: I've pretty much talked myself out of the Geiser springs. There are to many posts about their street ride quality being harsh. And they would be the most expensive mistake of the three. I'm mostly back to Eibach springs but sure would like more height, so RPG collars are still in the mix too. Anybody do Eibach springs WITH a short collar or spacer?

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Geisers are very popular with Gen 2s. They were the only spring option for the first couple of years. They are firmer than stock, but because they are progressive, they are far from harsh. They make the truck feel planted, especially when combined with Deaver +3s in the back. Any of the collars are going to ride stiffer than factory and have more rebound when hitting bigger bumps. The only reason the discussions come back to the Eibach is because they level the truck and are cheaper. If you want to run 37s, get the Geisers and Deaver +3s.

I have had mine for over 2 years and I would definitely do them again over any of the other options you mentioned.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Geisers are very popular with Gen 2s. They were the only spring option for the first couple of years. They are firmer than stock, but because they are progressive, they are far from harsh. They make the truck feel planted, especially when combined with Deaver +3s in the back. Any of the collars are going to ride stiffer than factory and have more rebound when hitting bigger bumps. The only reason the discussions come back to the Eibach is because they level the truck and are cheaper. If you want to run 37s, get the Geisers and Deaver +3s.

I have had mine for over 2 years and I would definitely do them again over any of the other options you mentioned.

I fully agree. I had Geiser and Deaver +3 on my 2017 and have the same setup on my 2019. I agree that the 2019 rides a little stiffer than my 2017 stock, but when I added the Geiser and Deaver +3 to my 2019, I did not notice it getting any stiffer than a stock 2019. I am getting older and want a very soft and quiet ride, so I would be the first to complain if the setup described made the truck ride much stiffer, but it does not.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I fully agree. I had Geiser and Deaver +3 on my 2017 and have the same setup on my 2019. I am getting older and want a very soft and quiet ride, so I would be the first to complain if the setup described made the truck ride much stiffer, but it does not.

Yes, my wife would have been the first to complain about the harsh ride, as well. ;)

If you go with 37x17 Load Range D tires and run them at 35 lbs, your truck will ride better than stock. The extra 1" height in the sidewall and medium psi really smooth things out while driving on the road. The Geisers + Deavers keeps it from feeling floaty or bouncy. Ask me how I know...

OP
OP
7six2

7six2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ended up getting a set of Eibach. Decided it would be the least expensive mistake if I'm unhappy. Drove on them for an hour and a half last night after the install but I'm still forming my opinion. I'll post up my full impressions in few days. Geiser springs would have put me nose high, then I'd be in hurry to spend more $$$ on +3 Deaver leafs...then theres the bump stops...I gotta hit the brakes somewhere.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ended up getting a set of Eibach. Decided it would be the least expensive mistake if I'm unhappy. Drove on them for an hour and a half last night after the install but I'm still forming my opinion. I'll post up my full impressions in few days. Geiser springs would have put me nose high, then I'd be in hurry to spend more $$$ on +3 Deaver leafs...then theres the bump stops...I gotta hit the brakes somewhere.

Yes, this forum has cost me a lot of money over the years... :cool:

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score

How much firmer than stock would you say? Noticeably? Have a 2020 with the live valve shocks and after seeing the Keep It Dirty Off Road Eibach review... leaning more towards the Geisers.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How much firmer than stock would you say? Noticeably? Have a 2020 with the live valve shocks and after seeing the Keep It Dirty Off Road Eibach review... leaning more towards the Geisers.

For me, it was just the right amount of firm. The truck does not dip around corners or when braking hard. It does not wallow when cruising and with Deavers out back, the washboard “loss of control” feeling is completely gone. I did all of my suspension and tire work at the same time, so I did not ride in my truck with just the Geisers for comparison sakes.

element217

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For me, it was just the right amount of firm. The truck does not dip around corners or when braking hard. It does not wallow when cruising and with Deavers out back, the washboard “loss of control” feeling is completely gone. I did all of my suspension and tire work at the same time, so I did not ride in my truck with just the Geisers for comparison sakes.

But would you say that just driving down the street or highway is basically or close to the same or much firmer - say hitting bumps in the road? Mine is a daily driver so that is ultimately my first priority though I do live in the canyons so cornering and braking are huge as well. Just do not want to lose that nice freeway comfort when I might only be going off road a few times a year.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
But would you say that just driving down the street or highway is basically or close to the same or much firmer - say hitting bumps in the road? Mine is a daily driver so that is ultimately my first priority though I do live in the canyons so cornering and braking are huge as well. Just do not want to lose that nice freeway comfort when I might only be going off road a few times a year.

Mine drives better on the road than any previous Ford Pickup I have owned, including when I first bought it in stock form. I have been driving 4WD Ford trucks since I was in high school, so there were many. Like others have stated about driving without their tunes, I could not go back to driving mine without my tune and suspension. It is really that much better.