Update on intercooler fan mud issue

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by Kirito, May 15, 2018.

1. TXRaptor

TXRaptor Full Access Member

This is great advice. I have bought several *new* cars sight-unseen, but I would not risk it when buying a used car, even one with only 3000 miles. The cost of the 3rd party inspection would have been less than the $600 he is out for the repairs. (Of course, he would not have the truck, either...)

Kirito likes this.
  2. Onemoosehorn

Onemoosehorn Full Access Member

Worked for me. Dealer denied a claim, so I called the customer service hotline. Got a regional rep who was very understanding. And my claim was for the stupid graphics. Needless to say, they are being replaced under warranty and I’m also being taken care of. It’s worth a shot to give them a call.

smurfslayer likes this.
  3. Kirito

Kirito Member

Ill give them a call, the dealer is denying everything even with the substantial evidence I have. The general manager even went out of the way to say "we're an honest dealership". dickhead

---------- Post added at 12:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

lesson learned. They actually budged on the price for me so I thought I was getting a good deal until all this garbage started happening.

4. Jtnuge

Jtnuge Full Access Member

This truck is pretty darn well protected. I did see the original post also. Im shocked by how mud could get up in the fans/intercooler area so easily? Even at raptor assault? Im sure ford beat this truck also. Just puzzled.

5. Kirito

Kirito Member

Apparently it's a common problem but hell if I know. I think it's because the intercooler and its fans sit directly behind the front bumper.

6. Jtnuge

Jtnuge Full Access Member

Maybe I need to take mine on more muddy roads. If your following someone very close, maybe you would have minor issues. I will just continue to have fun with mine.

Last edited: May 16, 2018
  7. Ironwood

Ironwood Member

At no point in the original post did it say that the buyer did not personally inspect the vehicle prior to purchase. There is no way I’d ever buy a used vehicle without looking it over carefully. Caveat emptor.

By the way, I have a sweet 2004 Ford Lightning for sale. $16,000. Send cash and I’ll ship it to you.

8. Sharkus29

Sharkus29 Full Access Member

He said in his post he had it shipped to him from another state.

9. jabroni619

jabroni619 Full Access Member

Mud gets everywhere. Most of the dozen or so Raptors at Raptor Assault had serious fan noise from the IC by the end of the day.

10. Frank N

Frank N FRF Addict

Tell him you will leave plenty of honest reviews all over the internet...