GEN 1 Update: Broken Plug ... Isn't Broken

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Cookie_Monster
Reaction score
A followup for anyone seeing this in the future. My stalling issue was plug related. 4 of the 8 lower plugs had the center pin come out with the boot, and one of the upper coil boots had the resistor pellet basically disintegrated. I would imagine these were the original plugs. Once I got the new plugs installed, the stalling issue completely cleared up. I'm now getting a little under 2 mpg better mileage around town with the new plugs --> 12.0 mpg to 13.7 mpg. I used lots of dielectric on the boots and a little dab of anti-seize on each plug to make this a little easier next time.

IMG_6136.jpgIMG_6164.jpgIMG_6111.jpgIMG_6124.jpg

Meat2022

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man mine were in great shape , noting like this. Changed mine at 100k with 0 issues other than they suck to get to on the bottom lol. Great write up and pics..the next plug change I'm changing wires and all. I've thought of going with upgrading coil packs but everyone has said no that the oem are great and not to waste my money.

OP
OP
Cookie_Monster
Reaction score
Im surprised you didn’t have to cut the boots off. Glad you didn’t, everyone got their moneys worth on that set of plugs.

I'd have never gotten those lower boots off without these. I thought they'd be useless but got them just in case. Wow - $9 on Amazon well spent! (I later realized Harbor Freight has them too)

1675779337108.png