Up for new tires contemplating 39s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i went through the same thing. Just take your time and check full bump eleventy billion times.

VQKCKx7.jpg

Q8fePTj.jpg

The KR3s are 1.75" taller than the 39" KM3s, so at least you arent trying to stuff these in there. (yes, the "small" tires are 37" general grabber x3s. )
Diggin that rear bumper!!!
Also what are you running up front? I see a secondary are you running mid travel or full long?

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
i went through the same thing. Just take your time and check full bump eleventy billion times.

good thing I made my straps a little long hah.

VQKCKx7.jpg

Q8fePTj.jpg

The KR3s are 1.75" taller than the 39" KM3s, so at least you arent trying to stuff these in there. (yes, the "small" tires are 37" general grabber x3s. )

EE66C0A5-D665-4133-8E41-87A195AB04E0.jpeg

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
This is definitely ambitious, I agree that you’ll probably have to plate the firewall as well. I’m wishing you luck with this project.
I have a plan...lol and if all goes well the parts guys are gonna be calling for designs haha

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Diggin that rear bumper!!!
Also what are you running up front? I see a secondary are you running mid travel or full long?

The bumper started as an RPG bumper. Its now been cut, added to, welded on, etc etc.

I'm running the very first GEN2 SVC mid-travel kit that they shipped out. ( at the time, the only other truck that had it is the gen2 that Ken Block now owns with the retro-reflective wrap on it.)

It is pretty different than what is sold now, as they've revised it a few times. Mine cycles almost 17.5" running a 2.5 CO and a 3.5, 5 tube bypass, So I guess it is a mid-travel kit that cycles like a long travel kit.

The rear suspension has a bit of a hard time keeping up with the front suspension, but I'm not really interested in a short course set up for the time being.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The bumper started as an RPG bumper. Its now been cut, added to, welded on, etc etc.

I'm running the very first GEN2 SVC mid-travel kit that they shipped out. ( at the time, the only other truck that had it is the gen2 that Ken Block now owns with the retro-reflective wrap on it.)

It is pretty different than what is sold now, as they've revised it a few times. Mine cycles almost 17.5" running a 2.5 CO and a 3.5, 5 tube bypass, So I guess it is a mid-travel kit that cycles like a long travel kit.

The rear suspension has a bit of a hard time keeping up with the front suspension, but I'm not really interested in a short course set up for the time being.
Do you have any shots of how you cut the bed? Trying to think about how I want to set up the bed now that I’m getting rid of the two spares and tire carrier.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Do you have any shots of how you cut the bed? Trying to think about how I want to set up the bed now that I’m getting rid of the two spares and tire carrier.

My framerails are plated, there are two additional cross-members that were welded in, and the bed cage was extended then tied into the rear bumper.

lygxvdg.jpg

JyDo6Rv.jpg
Ah3jMYs.jpg

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Called a shop today to get a quote on installing the new 4.88 gears,
Our conversation.....
shop guy:what size tire are you running,
Me:39
Shop guy: oh how much lift do you have.
Me:Ummmm none? lolol

These kids thinking they have to be sky high to run big tires haha

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Called a shop today to get a quote on installing the new 4.88 gears,
Our conversation.....
shop guy:what size tire are you running,
Me:39
Shop guy: oh how much lift do you have.
Me:Ummmm none? lolol

These kids thinking they have to be sky high to run big tires haha
"you're running 40s, why do you want to run 4.56?"

-- "Because my truck has plenty of horsepowers, I wanna go fast, I want to keep my top speed where it is, I'll break less stuff, and 4.56s are stronger than 5.13s by a lot."

" how damn fast can you possibly go on 40 inch tires, bubba?"

--" hundred and ten, might be able to get up to 120 with a little work."

"boy, you crazy."

--" hold my beer".