Up for new tires contemplating 39s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Played around with the exhaust last night. Someone told me the other day “wow tour trucks actually pretty quite”. Completely unacceptable! So I decided I would weld two beans clamps on each side of the muffler and make an additional straigh through pipe that I can swap in or out anytime I want.

I looked for electric cutouts but for 3.5” pipe they are $$ plus I wanted the exhaust to still exit out the side vs dumping. So here is a clip with the straight through instead of the muffler. Back to the way a Raptor should sound! Hahah
First time trying to use YouTube don’t know if it will work.
Startup

rev

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Played around with the exhaust last night. Someone told me the other day “wow tour trucks actually pretty quite”. Completely unacceptable! So I decided I would weld two beans clamps on each side of the muffler and make an additional straigh through pipe that I can swap in or out anytime I want.

I looked for electric cutouts but for 3.5” pipe they are $$ plus I wanted the exhaust to still exit out the side vs dumping. So here is a clip with the straight through instead of the muffler. Back to the way a Raptor should sound! Hahah
Startup

rev
When it sounds good in video, you know you did a good job, now go drive through a tunnel and hammer it!

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s been almost a year since I had a tailgate on the truck. Figured I go back to a clean look and pull out all the gear. Had to redo the rear bumper to move the license plate. But also took advantage of the welder being out to FINALLY get the aluminum bumper inserts fabled up and installed.

very happy with how it turned out now the rear matches the front with the black/aluminum plates

F8999D05-6E21-4069-B737-B267233C801F.jpeg

38C7E772-3AE2-43FE-BB43-91C6CF1106B2.jpeg

E0BC7928-4733-4951-B189-AC1CCA8CB98A.jpeg

matrix243

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Startup

rev

How hard is it to do the pass through? Under frame I assume? Wouldn't think it would flex with the chassis.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
How hard is it to do the pass through? Under frame I assume? Wouldn't think it would flex with the chassis.
The pass through is easy things I would do different next time is not make the tip attach to the body. I did it this time after seeing all of stainless works tips and the idea that it wouldn’t rattle/vibrate.

I used a mesh flex pipe right after the y collector to help absorb any motor articulation under throttle. And then a series of fix mounts and hangers along the muffler. Then used butt welded angles to go under the frame and then into one final flex pipe that meets the tip. I’m not a huge fan of flex pipe but would rather have that slight flexibility when the bed/frame twist vs the pipe welds busting...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TwistAir

Latest posts