Up for new tires contemplating 39s

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I kind of hinted ambers light things up in a different way. Everything in front just ends up glowing. If you have quality lights the ambers will show the way.

Are those pods BD, DD or Rigids?

so i picked out these off brand that are near exact dimensions as BD, wanted to buy something cheap to play with mounting locations, sizes, styles, and get wiring all set, then when i get everything exact drop the big bucks and buy the BD set. but i gotta tell you reading up on what i bought after the fact the leds in them are the same leds BD uses. housing design very similar, light quality also similar. i think ill run these off brands a little longer than i originally anticipated.

seriously order yourself a set of these and see what I mean. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZT62VV8/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
so i picked out these off brand that are near exact dimensions as BD, wanted to buy something cheap to play with mounting locations, sizes, styles, and get wiring all set, then when i get everything exact drop the big bucks and buy the BD set. but i gotta tell you reading up on what i bought after the fact the leds in them are the same leds BD uses. housing design very similar, light quality also similar. i think ill run these off brands a little longer than i originally anticipated.

seriously order yourself a set of these and see what I mean. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07ZT62VV8/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

They are cheaply priced and rate well. Couldn’t find how many lumen
They put out. Yours are spots?

My bumper is full, only place left is A pillar to mount pods.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
They are cheaply priced and rate well. Couldn’t find how many lumen
They put out. Yours are spots?

My bumper is full, only place left is A pillar to mount pods.
Yes they are spots and would be perfect for A pillars. I couldn’t find a note of lumens either but temperature wise they are very close to BD. And at 40W each they are bright af.

Last edited:

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yes they are spots and would be perfect for A pillars. I couldn’t find a note of lumens either but temperature wise they are very close to BD. And at 40W each they are bright af.

I noticed that wattage! Is that combined For the pair however? Otherwise that’s into BD Pro or even Race ratings maybe.

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I noticed that wattage! Is that combined For the pair however? Otherwise that’s into BD Pro or even Race ratings maybe.
40w each, combined 80w. I just ordered another set. Not sure where I’m gonna put them yet but I’m sure I’ll figure something out

OP
OP
PorterW1111

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hmm now I’m thinking roll bar in the bed with two rear facing, I would do the a pillars but how much more forward light do I need at this point... lol maybe 8 of them lined up on top of the front bumper? Lol

Oh the wonders of a welder and a box of weld on tabs muahaha

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
40w each, combined 80w. I just ordered another set. Not sure where I’m gonna put them yet but I’m sure I’ll figure something out

Yeah these are in Squadron pro territory based on the wattage. Don’t know the lumens and can’t imagine build quality is as high. But for the price they sound like a bargain for what they are.

Maybe I can build an array in my bed and if need be hit the tailgate release and shine out anyone that tailgates me lmao.