Up Fitter voltage?? missing?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, Im wiring up a lightbar to my Upfitter AUX switch and have everything wired using the lead that is Green/Blue for AUX1.

I have an inline fuse right after the connection and with the truck running and ALL the Aux switches thrown, I have no voltage coming from that lead?

Am I missing something? all the fuses associated w them are in 92-100 under the fuse box lid.

Im using DVmeter and using the ground from the battery term to check with.

Any Ideas? Thx

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Guys, Im wiring up a lightbar to my Upfitter AUX switch and have everything wired using the lead that is Green/Blue for AUX1.

I have an inline fuse right after the connection and with the truck running and ALL the Aux switches thrown, I have no voltage coming from that lead?

Am I missing something? all the fuses associated w them are in 92-100 under the fuse box lid.

Im using DVmeter and using the ground from the battery term to check with.

Any Ideas? Thx

There are (2) sets of Upfitter wire's under the hood. Did you hook them up to the wrong set? One side is to connect the inside upfitter wires, the other is direct to power.

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Locations?

OK
just read other lightbar post that answered my question. Pretty sure I'm wired to the passthru bundle!

Also, anyone know if there's a way to make upfitters hot while ignitions off? Gen1 had this ability by flipping a slidebar in the fuseblok

Last edited:

DROPOUT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK
just read other lightbar post that answered my question. Pretty sure I'm wired to the passthru bundle!

Or you could have just read my above post. :supergay: If you are going to ask the question, read the responses.

Also, anyone know if there's a way to make upfitters hot while ignitions off? Gen1 had this ability by flipping a slidebar in the fuseblok

I haven't seen anything on this yet. I've seen the question asked several times, but from what I have gathered and from my own experience, the only way to power those upfitters is via power on, on the ignition.

OP
OP
R

Renomaan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did read your responce, sorry for not throwin you the bone...I also dug deeper and saw the post I refernced..All good...all about learning -thx for the reply!

hewster

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK

I saw this somewhere in the manual.

Giorgiob

Reaction score
There are (2) sets of Upfitter wire's under the hood. Did you hook them up to the wrong set? One side is to connect the inside upfitter wires, the other is direct to power.
Hey guys, can someone explain these two sets of wires more clearly? How do you distinguish one from the other and what are different applications of each. Want to install some led fog lights, but getting confused on best approach to wire to aux. I should just be able to wire both lights to aux 1 right under hood correct? No need to go into cab?

srs

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK

Can you enlighten me on this "slidebar in the fuseblok" deal? Where is this at, do you have any pics?