Up a creek...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just kind of putting feelers out.

I bought a 2017 raptor new with 50ish miles on it June 27th, 2017.
It's always been noisy on idle but I assumed that's just the way it is with the fuel injectors. I was watching some youtube videos tonight and the engines seemed quiet to me.

Other issue it's had since I test drove it, is that sometimes when I let off the throttle it rattles like rocks or a chain in a metal can. Is that cam phasers?

I've never looked into it because I didn't want to know. But now it's getting to me.

I'm well out of warranty now, is this anything Ford will still cover since it's a known issue or am I up a creek without a paddle? If so, has anyone paid out of pocket for this? How much did it cost? What will happen if I don't get it fixed? I have nearly 28k with regular oil changes every 3-4k.

Thanks in Advance.

OP
OP
ColoradoBoss

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the input! I just don't like my local dealer, too many horror stories. Maybe I'll try to get a video of it this weekend and upload it. there was more to this conversation but it is lost due to the hack.