Unlocking the NAV / SYNC

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are at least two companies offering products that will "unlock" the factory NAV / SYNC units:

Coastal Electronic Technologies, Inc. announces the new SYNC-LP1 LOCKPICK for the hard drive based (has Jukebox) navigation systems in FORD LINCOLN MERCURY

SYNC-LP1 LOCKPICK for all hard drive equipped Sync navigation systems
http://www.coastaletech.com/synclockpick.htm

Fully enable all the blocked functions of your factory navigation system!
DVD in motion, Navigation address input while in motion, Factory or aftermarket Camera control in any gear

View the exciting DEMONSTRATION video (on their site) with ON-SCREEN text, steering wheel control and front/rear cameras! Installation videos are available on the tabs to the left on their page.

------------------------------------------------

Another is NAV-TV "Interfacing the Future"

AllSYNC
Allows Video in Motion And Navigation in Motion - Ford SYNC Compatible Back up Camera.

Plug and play integration kit that allows Video in Motion and Navigation in Motion for Ford Escape, Lincoln MKX and Mecury Mariner. Allows Factory DVD player to be viewed while the vehicle is in motion, and new destinations may be selected on Navigation system while vehicle is in Motion. Also enables a back up camera to be utilized with the Ford SYNC navigation radio in these vehicles.

Code: NTV-KIT121
Manufacturer: NAV-TV
Weight: 0.800 Lbs
$499.00

http://navtv.com/product/29/allsync.html?forceShowProduct=1

I contacted Susanne today (had her contact info since my time on the Sad Forumz) - here's her response:

Dan,

Our allsync xg can be used in the Raptor.

As long as it has the sync radio. It will activate the video and navigation in motion.

The price is $499

If you want to do video and navigation in motion with (2) audio video inputs

The product is called allsync xg with rse. And the price is $549

Susanne Lazarev, National Sales Manager
Boca Raton, FL 33432
1-866-477-3336 x119
tel. 561-955-9770 x119
fax.561-955-9760
email: [email protected]
web: www.nav-tv.com

NEW! NAVTV GONIGHT Wireless Remote Control 360 Degree Pan and Tilt FLIR Thermal Imaging Camera System. Great For Law Enforcement, Commercial Trucks, Buses Etc. Watch Video for Details.

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow, cool but pricey! Almost a third the cost of the full system... I like a couple options, but I would bet if you were watching a DVD and had an accident it could come back to haunt you? I like the nav while in motion and camera in motion as well... Very interesting overall!

NoCaDiver

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with the AllSync? Wonder if it is a better product than the LockPick.

OP
OP
M

MagicMtnDan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Wow, cool but pricey! Almost a third the cost of the full system... I like a couple options, but I would bet if you were watching a DVD and had an accident it could come back to haunt you? I like the nav while in motion and camera in motion as well... Very interesting overall!

Haunt you like a ghost? :mrgreen: Like in a haunted house? :mrgreen:

There are so many distractions and distracted drivers these days that I personally don't worry that people might be watching DVDs when driving. Heck, we should just assume they are!

Xjrguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Only problem is if it bricks your NAV or Ford just releases a SYNC that patches this hole.

Some guys over at the Shelby forum (I also have a 2010 GT500 with the same SYNC system as my Raptor) had a bunch of problems because the lockpick system didn't recognize the cars because they had manual transmissions.

Caused some problems and I am not sure it got resolved.

Yeah and remember these trucks have black box event data recorders.

Someone mentioned getting into an accident. I am not sure if the NAV system status gets tied into that black box recording data.

MarkT

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Watch DVD's while driving? That's just CRAZY!!!

( Besides, I'm way too busy watching the reflections of ghosts in the mirrors while listening to the voices in my head when I'm driving...)

SLB8SNK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
+1 to the blackbox.... I would hate to have a pick added and be doing something the NHTSA finds out of line, then they find you had the NAV set up to do stuff that is otherwise illigal, like watching DVD's in the front cab, yea... not a good idea in my book. But I am sure it is done daily... but not my style.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
But your government knows better than you do. They'll take care of us...