Unleashed Tuning?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Has anyone used Unleashed Tuning before for a Gn 2? Searched but didn’t get any results back. I had Torrie from Unleashed tune my 2020 Explorer ST and it seemed like he did pretty good and unlocking some power in it but haven’ gotten to a dyno to see the actual gains, just seat of the pants. Torrie said he can leave the factory auto-octane feather active as well which would be nice so no worries about not finding 93 while traveling if none readily available. Anyone have any experience on the Raptor with Unleashed?

Troutrad

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Unleashed Tuning before for a Gn 2? Searched but didn’t get any results back. I had Torrie from Unleashed tune my 2020 Explorer ST and it seemed like he did pretty good and unlocking some power in it but haven’ gotten to a dyno to see the actual gains, just seat of the pants. Torrie said he can leave the factory auto-octane feather active as well which would be nice so no worries about not finding 93 while traveling if none readily available. Anyone have any experience on the Raptor with Unleashed?

I’m a tuning freshman and even I know you want a tried and true platform. I’d read a bunch of these tuning forums and you’ll find several that have been around a while with fans of each and a few detractors. Cobb seems very popular; i’m leaning toward Gearhead; heard that 5 star is unbelievable (as in actually not believable in their HP/Torque gain claims). There are several more which seem tried and true which the smart people on this forum can help you with.

OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m a tuning freshman and even I know you want a tried and true platform. I’d read a bunch of these tuning forums and you’ll find several that have been around a while with fans of each and a few detractors. Cobb seems very popular; i’m leaning toward Gearhead; heard that 5 star is unbelievable (as in actually not believable in their HP/Torque gain claims). There are several more which seem tried and true which the smart people on this forum can help you with.

I am going to try Torrie, with the work he did on my Explorer ST, will give him a shot. There's feedback on the other F150 forums and mustang forums, hes not unknown, just not here on FRF. I put my ST back to stock yesterday to go to dealer ans was shocked by how much better his tune felt and the butt dyno definitely felt the power loss of stock. Will report back after how his tune feels. Since I already had the HPT MPVI2, cost was $450 for the tune charge and credits. Will pull stock file this morning and knowing Torrie, will have the first tune revision to try shortly after emailing the stock file.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Cobb accessport via goosetuned highly recommended. He has many extremely satisfied customers. Me included. I like his tune better than Cobb stage 2. Comprable or more power at 5psi less boost and seems smoother to me.

OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cobb accessport via goosetuned highly recommended. He has many extremely satisfied customers. Me included. I like his tune better than Cobb stage 2. Comprable or more power at 5psi less boost and seems smoother to me.

Considered Goosetune but yikes its expensive with the TCM tune...double or even close to triple the cost of other options.

Raptorrunner2019

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Considered Goosetune but yikes its expensive with the TCM tune...double or even close to triple the cost of other options.

Cobb accessport is the same way. Also keep in mind this is a true custom tune to your modifications installed, so optimized for your truck with your mods. I tried Cobb stage 1 and 2 before going goosetuned and also had already purchased the Cobb tranny tuning, but wish I used goosedtuned for that too hindsight.

also note that you would have to have the time and space to do a 3rd gear pull that goes to approximately 85mph.

OP
OP
L

ljn21

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Cobb accessport is the same way. Also keep in mind this is a true custom tune to your modifications installed, so optimized for your truck with your mods. I tried Cobb stage 1 and 2 before going goosetuned and also had already purchased the Cobb tranny tuning, but wish I used goosedtuned for that too hindsight.

also note that you would have to have the time and space to do a 3rd gear pull that goes to approximately 85mph.

That is the same as Unleashed - he takes the data logs and keeps improving until he is happy, which is good and bad...good in that you get a tune that is totally optimized for your truck...bad that he keeps going until satisfied. With my ST I think we are on 14 revisions and he is still tweaking lol I think I have more miles doing the data logging than actual driving lol

Neens

Reaction score
Im using unleashed. When I was stock I was very happy with the results. Didn’t dyno it. Now I’m close to full bolt on and working on a custom tune with Torrie. I sent my data log and had an updated tune within 2 hours. Once we are both satisfied I plan to dyno the truck.