GEN 1 Unhooked rear camera, rehooked and now "no signal", program NAV screen? ---

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alwayscode390

Reaction score
I unhooked my stock backup camera yesterday to paint my emblem.

Now that its reconnected I get the "no signal" and a black screen.

No errors.

Is there something I need to program in the NAV to let it know there is a camera there?

Thanks! ---

CarmanKyle

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Make sure the connector is fully seated? I've had my tailgate off numerous times and never had an issue the back up camera no longer working after re-connecting the harness.

OP
OP
alwayscode390

alwayscode390

Reaction score
Thanks Kyle ... I had the connector as far in as it would go , but I forgot to CLICK it back together. I haven't seen a connector quite like that before ---

TexasBlues

Reaction score
i didnt unhook mine... yet... but im also getting a bad screen... like a cble channel you dont pay for...

if i tap the camera housing, it usually acts right, but i shouldnt have to...

nothing has been removed or installed and i havent had a chance to get under it yet...

does anyone have a pic of the plug for the camera or a location narrowed down so i know where to look?

anyone else have this problem... meaning... a bad/weird signal for apparently no reason?

thanks folks

TB

OP
OP
alwayscode390

alwayscode390

Reaction score
As far as the plug to the actual back of the camera ... you have to take off the 2 piece tailgate emblem and it will be right there.

I'm not sure how it connects to the back of the Touchscreen though ... but if you tap on the actual camera and it responds I'd start back at the tailgate ---

TexasBlues

Reaction score
cool... thanks...

i'll order the replacement emblem before i take it apart

we'll see what happens and i'll post back here

thanks for the help

mk

TexasBlues

Reaction score
where is a good place (NOT ebay) to get a replacement 'FORD' badge?

im trying to avoid the stealer if at all possible...

i found one on amazon, but it has the bezel too and i dont need that... no need for more parts floating around if i dont need them

thanks!