Uneven Rear Suspension?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zzachattack2

Reaction score
Hey all, first time poster, just picked up my 2019 from the dealer yesterday evening. I just noticed today that the drive side rear suspension is sitting about 2.5in higher than the passenger side. That can't be right? Any ideas? Unfortunately said dealer is about a 4 hr drive away. I do have other local ones though.

Passenger Side:
View media item 14324
Driver Side:
View media item 14325

Last edited:

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was unable to view your links, but I wonder if you are having issues with the electronic shocks. When parked and the truck is off, the shocks do something which will cause it to sit high. When you start the truck, it will squat to a normal ride height. Maybe your two rear shocks are not behaving the same?

OP
OP
Z

zzachattack2

Reaction score
I was unable to view your links, but I wonder if you are having issues with the electronic shocks. When parked and the truck is off, the shocks do something which will cause it to sit high. When you start the truck, it will squat to a normal ride height. Maybe your two rear shocks are not behaving the same?

Thanks. I wasn't able to see any difference when starting the truck. Did some more measurements out on the street and it seems even. Only when parked in the driveway forward or backwards, I get that same 2.5in difference. Perhaps my driveway is just ALOT more uneven than I thought.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I wasn't able to see any difference when starting the truck. Did some more measurements out on the street and it seems even. Only when parked in the driveway forward or backwards, I get that same 2.5in difference. Perhaps my driveway is just ALOT more uneven than I thought.

The next time you pull into your driveway after driving the truck, keep it running and take your measurements. If they are the same, then you know one of your rear shocks is not behaving the same as the other when you turn the truck off, so I would discuss this with the dealer just to make sure something doesn't need to be fixed.

OP
OP
Z

zzachattack2

Reaction score
The next time you pull into your driveway after driving the truck, keep it running and take your measurements. If they are the same, then you know one of your rear shocks is not behaving the same as the other when you turn the truck off, so I would discuss this with the dealer just to make sure something doesn't need to be fixed.

Do you know the variance that the truck should rise when shut off? I couldn't find anything in the owners manual about this behavior, nor was I able to actually notice any difference in my measurements. Tried several combinations of leaving it on in gear, on in park, and off. And didn't ever see any change.

Ski4Ever

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried measuring the difference in any other location (in a flat parking lot, for example) rather than only measuring it your driveway? That would at least tell you if it's something to do with the location, or if it's your truck that's doing it all the time...

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Do you know the variance that the truck should rise when shut off? I couldn't find anything in the owners manual about this behavior, nor was I able to actually notice any difference in my measurements. Tried several combinations of leaving it on in gear, on in park, and off. And didn't ever see any change.
You might need to actually move the vehicle forward or back a certain amount for the shocks to do their thing, but maybe not.

OP
OP
Z

zzachattack2

Reaction score
Have you tried measuring the difference in any other location (in a flat parking lot, for example) rather than only measuring it your driveway? That would at least tell you if it's something to do with the location, or if it's your truck that's doing it all the time...

Indeed, determined it's simply my driveway being far more lopsided than I ever noticed. Seems both the top right and bottom left sections on the driveway happen to be perfectly and equally uneven, which is why I saw the same measurements when parked forward or reverse. On a nice flat parking lot or on the street, everything checks out good.

murph145

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ yup when I park my truck in my off cambered driveway one side always sits and 1" + higher than the other. First time I seen this I was worried too lol!