Undercoating this weekend; What to spray?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’m actually very surprised with how the AMSoil dried up. Not sticky or tacky at all and much less messy than FluidFilm/Woolwax.

However, it’s just the base coat for me. There’s a reason I tip my techs in liquor...

Interesting...I like that idea. Someone mentioned it dries red though?

OP
OP
M

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting...I like that idea. Someone mentioned it dries red though?

Amber-ish. It’s essentially cosmoline. They need to sell it in bulk packaging so it can be ran through a splatter gun. Aerosol doesn’t have enough force to go through the frame.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Amber-ish. It’s essentially cosmoline. They need to sell it in bulk packaging so it can be ran through a splatter gun. Aerosol doesn’t have enough force to go through the frame.
I would like a gallon of fluid film, so I could pour it into a spray pump, would be way less messy for a guy who doesn't have a lift handy. Crawling under the truck and the stuff is dripping on a guy, lol.

OP
OP
M

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like a gallon of fluid film, so I could pour it into a spray pump, would be way less messy for a guy who doesn't have a lift handy. Crawling under the truck and the stuff is dripping on a guy, lol.

LOL. I hear you. I was surprised how much the AMSoil runs off and drips. Wasn’t expecting that.

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This guy's channel here is great. In this video, he tested all the different sprays and protectants, and guess what, FluidFilm works insanely well.

Does anyone use CRC?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I hear DDT works well in a sprayer also.

OP
OP
M

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can now confidently say Woolwax is the real deal. I sprayed my daily driven S550 last fall. The results are spectacular.

The first image is of a fuel tank strap. This is located in a high wash area that would normally take other products right off. Note the finger smudge to show how much product was still left.

The second pic is of the rear of the car, again a high wash area. Note how much product is still left.

The last picture is of around the oil pan area. While there are some areas up front that are a little more raw, there is still a greasy layer protecting the metal.

Overall, I am very impressed with Woolwax. I bought a gallon of their new “High Viscosity” and “Low Viscosity” that were introduced for this year. It’ll be interesting to see how they hold up.

34B90EF1-AF40-4DAF-B2C2-3B77B200CF66.jpeg

8447DB8B-2168-42F2-8CB6-9AA4FDB6B081.jpeg

06358F70-C7CD-45B6-A0CA-4CC92254EF68.jpeg

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can now confidently say Woolwax is the real deal. I sprayed my daily driven S550 last fall. The results are spectacular.

The first image is of a fuel tank strap. This is located in a high wash area that would normally take other products right off. Note the finger smudge to show how much product was still left.

The second pic is of the rear of the car, again a high wash area. Note how much product is still left.

The last picture is of around the oil pan area. While there are some areas up front that are a little more raw, there is still a greasy layer protecting the metal.

Overall, I am very impressed with Woolwax. I bought a gallon of their new “High Viscosity” and “Low Viscosity” that were introduced for this year. It’ll be interesting to see how they hold up.

View attachment 153146

View attachment 153147

View attachment 153148
Looks pretty sticky, is that stuff easy to get off? Reason why I'm asking is, are you planning on spraying your suspension with it as well? Are you the type that cares if your shocks and aluminum parts are shiny in the warmer weather, lol? (I am :) )

OP
OP
M

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty sticky, is that stuff easy to get off? Reason why I'm asking is, are you planning on spraying your suspension with it as well? Are you the type that cares if your shocks and aluminum parts are shiny in the warmer weather, lol? (I am :) )

I don’t think it’s going to come off easy which is why I did my control arms and shocks with AMSoil. I’m hoping that will be enough to keep it protected.

The frame, front and rear axles, and rear wheel wells are another story entirely. That’s going to be a spray and pray situation.