Undercoating questions

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hockeyman70s

Reaction score
@Oldfart thanks for the info. Where did you have it done? Ive found a shop that says they rinse underneath, then use Saltgone foam to neutralize the salts. then a degreaser before they coat the next day. Should they hit the shocks?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@Oldfart thanks for the info. Where did you have it done? Ive found a shop that says they rinse underneath, then use Saltgone foam to neutralize the salts. then a degreaser before they coat the next day. Should they hit the shocks?
I had RNR Restorations do mine. You don't want this Woolwax on your shocks. I actually had my shocks ceramic coated when they did my whole truck. RNR Restorations in Mountaintop PA did mine. He was awesome to deal with.

Sounds like your guy is doing it right. I had mine done when it was nearly new and hadn't seen any of our salt crap or the brine spray, so it was pretty easy for him to prep it.

https://www.rnrautobodyrestoration.com/

gxgn

Reaction score
I forgot to add, I also use 3M cavity wax spray with the longer application tubes, it made it very easy to coat well the inside of the frame.