Undercoating Questions- Woolwax wax/ nhou?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hockeyman70s

Reaction score
Hi All, just bought a new gen 3. I live in NE and want to get it undercoated before salt hits the roads. Ive used Wool wax before and liked it on a toyota. Would folks recommend that or something else like NHOU etc.? Also, anything they should be taping off or not spraying? Thanks

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are shops that will coat it in Fluid Film or something similar. It’s probably cheaper to pay a shop than to buy a bunch of cans.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There are shops that will coat it in Fluid Film or something similar. It’s probably cheaper to pay a shop than to buy a bunch of cans.
True but it’s MUCH cheaper to buy a $46 gallon and $24 applicator gun. The gallon will last you 2 seasons easy. It would take FOREVER to get an even coat with the cans. The cans do not have a wide spray pattern.

thatJeepguy

FRF Addict
Reaction score
True but it’s MUCH cheaper to buy a $46 gallon and $24 applicator gun. The gallon will last you 2 seasons easy. It would take FOREVER to get an even coat with the cans. The cans do not have a wide spray pattern.
Which product? You need a compressor too tho…

BarryT82

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time that I checked it was around $200 or so to get it coated at a shop. If I could have a lift in my garage it would be a hell of a lot easier, but the ceiling isn’t high enough.

Gen1TillDeath

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last time that I checked it was around $200 or so to get it coated at a shop. If I could have a lift in my garage it would be a hell of a lot easier, but the ceiling isn’t high enough.
Yeah not gonna lie, I would prefer a lift too lol. But I get by with my creeper