GEN 2 Underbody Treatment (Fluid Film)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Just sprayed the surface rust on the rear diff with “Rustoleum” and then a general underbody spray with “Fluid Film”.

First time user here - anything more required or is there a recommended “cure” time before driving anywhere for example?

Thanks guys!

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I usually try not to drive in any elements other than dry air for a couple days. You will probably have to touch up the rear springs from time to time. Did you drop the spare tire and spray under there? I always put a good coating on the cable as well, keeps it like new.

OP
OP
TXRaaptor

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
@CoronaRaptor
I didn’t drop the spare wheel - but did give a blast to the cable and to as many of the areas underneath that looked susceptible.

Looking at getting some inspection ramps to drive onto for the next time and help give better access for some of it as wasn’t the easiest spraying it with the air gun on the driveway

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
@CoronaRaptor
I didn’t drop the spare wheel - but did give a blast to the cable and to as many of the areas underneath that looked susceptible.

Looking at getting some inspection ramps to drive onto for the next time and help give better access for some of it as wasn’t the easiest spraying it with the air gun on the driveway
Yes, great idea, I use ramps and back up onto them, thats the worse place to get rust, have never needed to drive up the front.

Big Blue

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To the OP, if you keep your truck in the garage it's gonna stink for a week or two. Fluid Film is good stuff, but made from sheep fat.

OP
OP
TXRaaptor

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
To the OP, if you keep your truck in the garage it's gonna stink for a week or two. Fluid Film is good stuff, but made from sheep fat.

Noticed that really quickly! It does stink but I’ll say it’s not as bad already - starting to calm down and looks a lot less greasy under there already also. Anyone ever bother to rub it in so to speak? Assume that helps keep it all cleaner but that you also remove some of the additional protection the fluid film is affording in it’s more viscous original state?

OP
OP
TXRaaptor

TXRaaptor

@thebeardedbrand
Reaction score
Does anyone have any inspection ramps they especially recommend for the Raptor? I’m not looking to spend a crazy amount but want to know they’re not collapsing on me... :-S

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Does anyone have any inspection ramps they especially recommend for the Raptor? I’m not looking to spend a crazy amount but want to know they’re not collapsing on me... :-S
These are pretty close to the ones I use, forget using metal ones like I used to use 20 years ago, those just dig into your pavement and dirt, these ones hold up really well and you can hang them on your garage wall afterwards.