Underbody Surface Rust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Johnkn

FRF Addict
Reaction score
One of the best products I've found is Boeshield T9. It was developed by Boeing for the aerospace industry and popular in the aircraft and marine community. Google it. A couple spray cans will do wonders. T9 is clear so you will retain the stock appearance.

Last edited:

Raptorguy1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Many of those parts are iron and have little or no coating on them. They'll develop surface rust pretty quick. If you want them to be pretty, you need to paint them yourself.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The under side of my truck looks like that as well. It took no time to show that rusty color in NY. I will have to try some of these products mentioned above in the spring when it gets warm again.

loupuleff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not trying to be a know it all or whatever but the por 15 chassis paint is meant for this application you can actually paint over rust hence the "por" with regular paint you have to prep and prime who wants to go thru all that ?

Sent from my SM-T813 using Tapatalk