underbody coating worth it?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KBR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you are in the salt alot you may want to do it. If you want to keep things new looking you may want to consider fogging oil or a mix of oil and diesel and spray that. The undercoating is effective but it is a mess if you are going to wrench on anything. I have debated it myself. I am going with the fogging oil and I repainted the axles and anywhere the paint looked thin.

aware

Reaction score
Anybody used Line-X for rust proofing? I live in MI were salt grows on trees lol

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
the under coating is worth it imo I do it to all vehicals deadens sound too. they tape off any thing that needs it if at all good. my advice ask to see a previos job they have done.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

the oil wears off so if you go that rought make shure you do it every oil change at least if it is wet or dusty

ofcbarbrady

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Anybody used Line-X for rust proofing? I live in MI were salt grows on trees lol

I had Line-X do my undercoating 2 weeks ago --it's not actual Line-X per se, but their own "formula" if you will. I think it's a good idea, and the guys at the local Line-X did a great job not spraying the shit everywhere.

the under coating is worth it imo I do it to all vehicals deadens sound too. they tape off any thing that needs it if at all good. my advice ask to see a previos job they have done.

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:03 PM ----------

the oil wears off so if you go that rought make shure you do it every oil change at least if it is wet or dusty

Totally agree - just make sure they tape everything off. I found a bit of overspray on the very bottom of the truck (in the little crease across from the running boards) that no one would see unless they crawled under the truck. Maybe I'm so super **** that I had to use goof off to remove something that would never be seen, but I'm still glad I had the coating done.

Sage

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My Raptor sounded like a tin can everytime I came off of a gravel road. Undercoated it my self with spray cans for around $30.00 (not 100%, only wheel areas)

Right after I did it, the dealer got in a rubber type which I would have used if I'd seen it first. He also has spray cans of bed liner. I'm not sure how they'd be, but might also work good.

Depends on exactly what you want it to do. Protect or sound??

jrodrg

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Line-X or AMSOIL MPHD?

Yes I read the Clear Under Coat Thread too.

I'm trying to justify paying $100 for a case of AMSOIL and wasting 3-4 hours or paying a shop $100 for the Line-x

At least with the AMSOIL buying a case I'll have enough to spray my Touareg too.

I'm in Buffalo, NY (salt belt) and looking for the best option....