Under the license plate, what are the two bumper slots for?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bluehinder

Reaction score
Directly below the plate, on the bumper, are two 1.5x.25" slots. What are those for? Am I missing something for mounting my plate? It's just screwed in with two holes, no plate bracket like I've had on most other cars.

Thanks.

ZaneMasterX

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Directly below the plate, on the bumper, are two 1.5x.25" slots. What are those for? Am I missing something for mounting my plate? It's just screwed in with two holes, no plate bracket like I've had on most other cars.

Thanks.

You mean the rear plate? Drainage.

Last edited:
OP
OP
B

Bluehinder

Reaction score
Two very good answers. Lol.

But seriously, just bolts into plastic, no bracket? I guess so, that's how it came, just seems kind of ******.

randalslong

Reaction score
I agree, just had my 2016 bumper replaced (due to being rear ended) & the new one has those two slots. Original did not. I was thinking drainage, but it’s weird looking like it is missing 2 plugs. Plus the water draining empties directly on a steel tow bar. That can’t be good. So makes no sense. Never thought drainage holes necessary on old bumper, water dries or evaporates on the plastic

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Arizona Free