GEN 1 Under the hood

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
Wanting to dress up the engine a little. Does anyone have knowledge of who might sell chrome valve covers that say Raptor on them, or something along those lines. So far all I've found close is Ford Racing covers. Rather have Raptor specific if possible. This is for the 6.2L engine. Thanks in advance for any help. And a Happy New Year!

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Chrome valve covers... I didn't know raptors were available in the 70's.

But no, no one offers stamped sheet metal valve covers. if you can find a set of P/N m-6582-62wh, P/N m-6582-62bl or m-6582-62sl they are magnesium and could be chromed. None of them are produced any more.

The raptor, unlike every other SVT vehicle did not come with SVT specific valve covers. Your absolute best bet is to pull the stock ones and have them powder coated or paint matched to your truck.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
As Ben above said, the only ones I have heard of, have been powder coated or painted. With enough money thrown at it, anything is possible though. Good luck.

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Same here. Don't know of any after-market CAM covers for the 6.2 except for the Ford ones that Ben presented. I installed them on mine.

Those came out great!

Wanting to dress up the engine a little. Does anyone have knowledge of who might sell chrome valve covers that say Raptor on them, or something along those lines. So far all I've found close is Ford Racing covers. Rather have Raptor specific if possible. This is for the 6.2L engine. Thanks in advance for any help. And a Happy New Year!

You don't have the slip-on chrome door edge protectors on your truck by any chance, do you? :cool:

OP
OP
Patriot Raptor
Reaction score
Chrome valve covers... I didn't know raptors were available in the 70's.

But no, no one offers stamped sheet metal valve covers. if you can find a set of P/N m-6582-62wh, P/N m-6582-62bl or m-6582-62sl they are magnesium and could be chromed. None of them are produced any more.

The raptor, unlike every other SVT vehicle did not come with SVT specific valve covers. Your absolute best bet is to pull the stock ones and have them powder coated or paint matched to your truck.

I wonder why no one in the last 10 years hasn't come up with something like that, not chrome, but with SVT or Raptor stamped on them. I also have a C7 Corvette and you can fill train cars with all the under the hood mods you can get for those cars.
Like your quote, "can't buy it, build it". So build some and I'll buy a set. :waytogo:

FiveOsvt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wonder why no one in the last 10 years hasn't come up with something like that, not chrome, but with SVT or Raptor stamped on them. I also have a C7 Corvette and you can fill train cars with all the under the hood mods you can get for those cars.
Like your quote, "can't buy it, build it". So build some and I'll buy a set. :waytogo:
Maybe trademark or licensing issues?

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk