GEN 1 Under bed jack storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone thought about storing a full-size floor jack under the truck? I know mounting one in the bed is simple but I’d rather not lose bed space even if i mount it to the side. I have the spare in the bed already so i was thinking about fabricating a mount that uses the spare tire retention system. I figure if it holds the spare it should hold a jack. Obviously I’d have to make absolutely sure it’s secure and can’t come out and have to cover it to keep all the moving parts clean. Thought? Would be kind of a fun project

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Naaahhhhh!!! Good luck crawling under there and trying to get that SOB out with a rear flat!! Doesn't sound like a fun time, bad enough getting the tire out from under there as it is.
Good point. I put the spare in the bed to eliminate that problem. Probably won’t help to have the jack there instead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HORN HIGH ACES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about doing something like this as well once I relocated my spare to the bed, but was going at it a different way. I was planning to attach a storage box under the bed where the spare used to reside and cut an access point in the bed. I might still do it one day and at a minimum put a drain plug in it, fill it up with beer and ice for ***** and giggles.