Unable to open upper glove box...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Would someone mind posting pictures of the latching mechanism of an open upper glove box? I can't get mine open and am afraid to pry on it and break it. I believe something is in there keeping it from opening and I don't remember where the latch is or how it worked.

Thanks!

OP
OP
beachz

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I hit that and it won't open or allow me to force it open. I will keep messing with it. I would rather it be broken closed that broken open. :)

OP
OP
beachz

beachz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The only reason I knew it was there was because my salesman showed us the day I picked it up. :) Otherwise, I wouldn't have known there was a space there at all.

Anyway, I fiddled with is some more. Held the button down while pushing the door and releasing it. It finally opened and there wasn't anything in there. Apparently the latch mechanism was just stuck. It appears to be working normally now. Thanks for posting!

Last edited:

dragonass23

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I notice when changing my cabin filter that someone before me had broke the “soft” opening mechanism and the gear was laying at the bottom of the compartment behind the glove box. I was able to pop the rail on the right side off and reinstall the gear in the rail. Works fine now. Perhaps this part or something else got into your opening mechanism.