ultimate driving light combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Overclocker

Reaction score
Diode Dynamics SS3 SAE Fog Pros ONLY! These things are amazing. Build quality is phenomenal and light output and cutout is superb.

Available for pre-order now! Ship dates start 12/06.

DD20 gets you 20% off at checkout. :D

https://www.neo-garage.com/collecti...-fog-light-kit-with-diode-dynamics-ss3-lights

Can you change one pair to amber in this package, and if so, which ones would you recommend? I would think the SS3 SAE Fog LED Lights, but I'm open to suggestions.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
How are BD vendors handling the re-tooling the SAEs if we order during the rebate period? E.g., are you shipping current units, do we send them in for updates, or will there be a retrofit kit?

I can't speak for other vendors but we'll be offering customers the lenses at no charge. We'll send you out the lenses and you just have to swap them out. This WILL NOT void your warranty either as a heads up.

Or you can send the lights into Baja, they'll swap the lenses out and send them back.

Or you can send them into us and we'll do it for you as well.

It's really easy to swap the lenses out though.

So if you order SAE's from us now and you get what we have in stock, you'll get the option later to either send them into Baja OR have the lenses sent to you.

OR what we're also allowing customers to do who just want it taken care of from the beginning. Place your order with us and in the order comments just write "PLEASE HOLD ORDER FOR NEW SAE" and we'll keep your order on hold until the new SAEs come in that were fixed. You'll still get the BF savings doing it this way.

Basically Baja is just fixing the lenses a little so they fall within compliance. They were only off by a TINY bit so it's all done in the lens.

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for clearing that up Adam. They haven’t said what the issue was so good to know it just takes a modification in the lens to correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
The issue, in a nut shell, was that an independent company decided to test out everybodys lights. They made a post over on a Tacoma forum with their results and basically failed everybody. Baja failed because they were I believe about 1 candlepower over the regulation. This was due to company Baja used to test the lights not adjusting some equipment 100%. Something to that nature. But it was so minimal you'd never notice it with the naked eye, just with scientific equipment. BUT they are correcting it free of charge. It's just a lens swap so real simple fix.

Speeddeacon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you change one pair to amber in this package, and if so, which ones would you recommend? I would think the SS3 SAE Fog LED Lights, but I'm open to suggestions.

Looking at the page, it says 6 amber lenses are included so I’d say you can pick and choose.

If I didn’t already have BD I’d be very interested in these. I’d have SAE fog in clear and amber then the third set in SAE driving or spot, depending on your intended use.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NEOGARAGE

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Yes, you can swap lenses as you please similarly to the Baja Designs pods. They are also releasing in the next couple weeks yellow and black snap on covers if you want to switch back and fourth between white or yellow depending on driving conditions.

I would personally run the SAE Fog sports, spot and flood pros. Then grabbing a pair of yellow covers for the SAE pair for when you need to drive through dense fog, snow or dusty conditions.

We can put together a custom kit if you are interested. Please send us a message. These are going like hot cakes!

SCMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Click the ADD TO CART button :)

You'll see the discount automatically applied once it's in your cart. Then you can mail away for the $150 cash rebate from Baja ($50 per pair)