ultimate driving light combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

6inaRow

Reaction score
So the SAE lights are not compliant now? Are they going to need to reduce the output or lumens? What about people who already bought them?

If they reduce power I don’t think I’d want them anymore, they make just enough now as it is
An email was sent out today from BD to quite a few people stating that it's a lens insert that has been tested and approved by a 3rd party testing company. Basically (from what I've read) it is a light/glare shield that blocks the upper 5% of the diode. So the output should stay roughly the same other than some of the light that hit higher up before. I'm really looking forward to seeing the new sae beam pattern!

ve4fu.jpg

'Andddddddddd just like that this became like a Facebook post.
I deleted the post, but at the same time, that showed what would basically be the ultimate driving light combo! I know it wasn't on a Raptor or discrete, but it was a more revelant post than quite a few of yours on this thread.

@Jeff Boone what lights did you end up going with? Please post pics and a review of them once you have them installed if you don't mind!

upload_2019-12-5_15-31-4.jpg

Baja Designs

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hey guys,

There is so much going on here, and I truly wish I could address every single concern raised in this thread.

As you can see, as of yesterday, we have released an official statement that defines the problem and a solution to our SAE compliance concerns. We posted in The BD discussion thread on this forum this morning, but overlooked posting it to this thread as well.

First and foremost, above everything, I can assure you guys that we have no intention of brushing this under the rug. Just about all of us at BD have been dedicating a lot of time to ensure we gather all the facts, develop a solution to the physical problem, and iron out all of the logistics. We wish we could be more forthcoming and share every single detail, on every forum and platform while this unfolds. However, please keep in mind we are a small team with a lot to juggle. There have been late hours, nights of lost sleep, countless internal discussions, testing, re-testing. A lot of us have dedicated very personal interest into this project.

That said, now that we have our solution in place, I want to make myself available to answer any question that you guys have on this issue. We are updating an FAQ as questions come up. I encourage you to let loose any remaining questions, concerns, insults, suggestions, etc. here so I can address them for you.

I will do my best to offer prompt responses to all of your questions over the next few days.

Thanks guys,
Chris F.

greenraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

There is so much going on here, and I truly wish I could address every single concern raised in this thread.

As you can see, as of yesterday, we have released an official statement that defines the problem and a solution to our SAE compliance concerns. We posted in The BD discussion thread on this forum this morning, but overlooked posting it to this thread as well.

First and foremost, above everything, I can assure you guys that we have no intention of brushing this under the rug. Just about all of us at BD have been dedicating a lot of time to ensure we gather all the facts, develop a solution to the physical problem, and iron out all of the logistics. We wish we could be more forthcoming and share every single detail, on every forum and platform while this unfolds. However, please keep in mind we are a small team with a lot to juggle. There have been late hours, nights of lost sleep, countless internal discussions, testing, re-testing. A lot of us have dedicated very personal interest into this project.

That said, now that we have our solution in place, I want to make myself available to answer any question that you guys have on this issue. We are updating an FAQ as questions come up. I encourage you to let loose any remaining questions, concerns, insults, suggestions, etc. here so I can address them for you.

I will do my best to offer prompt responses to all of your questions over the next few days.

Thanks guys,
Chris F.

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to the new beam pattern. You guys have done and continue to do excellent work otherwise. I have no doubt your updated SAE fog will be nothing less.

Palmetto_Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes, you can swap lenses as you please similarly to the Baja Designs pods. They are also releasing in the next couple weeks yellow and black snap on covers if you want to switch back and fourth between white or yellow depending on driving conditions.

I would personally run the SAE Fog sports, spot and flood pros. Then grabbing a pair of yellow covers for the SAE pair for when you need to drive through dense fog, snow or dusty conditions.

We can put together a custom kit if you are interested. Please send us a message. These are going like hot cakes!

I'm interested in these lights.
Diode Dynamics SS3 SAE Fog Pros ONLY! These things are amazing. Build quality is phenomenal and light output and cutout is superb.

Available for pre-order now! Ship dates start 12/06.

DD20 gets you 20% off at checkout. :D

https://www.neo-garage.com/collecti...-fog-light-kit-with-diode-dynamics-ss3-lights

View attachment 133286 View attachment 133287
View attachment 133288

I'll bite. The discount code set the hook:)

Just ordered your bracket, DD SS3 SAE Pro Yellow Fogs, DD SS3 SAE Pro White Fogs, and DD SS3 SAE driving combo.

Szabo Mihaly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I also want some nice lights but i am totally stupid about those brands, style, price and others. I am in Romania and i never been in contact with those US brands. I find this : https://www.cjponyparts.com/fog-lig...-flood-lights-f-150-raptor-2017-2020/p/RFLK8/
I have no idea why this is 600 som USD and almost the same is over 1000.
My issue is also to pay a lot of freight and import taxes for the invoice value.
Please advice me for a good lighting with reasonable price.
Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Szabo,

I’m not able to “compare” brands for you between this set and other “brands” but the output of those lights looks a little low. I have used Baja Design lights for a while and they are very, very bright. They are also very, very expensive. I have also used cheap lights from Amazon and the Baja lights are easily 5x better, maybe more. Maybe someone can speak to the KC lights you linked.

I am sure they will help, but I would suggest you be mindful to only buy once.

Read back through this thread and you will see a cross section of what all of us are buying. Vendors here will help you select the right lights for your usage.