ultimate driving light combo?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

greenraptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was gonna say yes but... not quite yet.

Hold up homey.

hopefully you get that I agree with the basic premise of your assertions within this thread; that if in fact there is a defective beam pattern on the B/D SAE lights and they’ve stopped shipping them, then they should rectify the situation.

That said.
1) Proportionality
2) Acting like an agent provocateur
3) Not really asking for what you type
4) spending so much time defending your position in this thread, you’re missing the forest through the trees.
5) Nobody is trolling you here.

Your dedicated advocacy herein has the appearance of politically feigned outrage. First off, just because you, some Taco owner or friend of a friend of a Taco owner puts up a post on the internet, not matter how well or thoughtfully pointed out, doesn’t make the post true, no matter how many times it’s referenced. Google “limp wristing”. My range partner and I have taken multiple handguns reported as ‘vulnerable to limp wrist induced malfunctions’ to the range. affixed them loosely using zip ties and a bench rest jig - so they are suspended with only enough tension pull the trigger. Fired these guns with literally zero support and they chamber the subsequent rounds all the time, every time. Even using handloads, loaded to lower and lower powder charges, there’s only about a .2 grain difference between a 9mm chambering a follow up round held in the hand or completely unsupported. But people who are dead set in their narrative are not going to hear it.

I can video it, answer internet questions / challenges and post results and there’s always at least one person who simply will not acquiesce to their understanding not being correct even in the face of evidence to the contrary.

Here, you’ve posted about an online report and it would appear that most give the allegations fair credit as possibly being true, but at this point it’s only an allegation, whether or not B/D has accepted it as possibly true or not is another discussion. No business can take every, single complaint as 100% factual without at least some level of investigation first and remain in business. I’d also think it would be exceedingly time consuming and counterproductive to chase down every internet forum they’re on, and post up data on it. Again, the time investment there is significant and we don’t even know if the internet post has been validated independently. Additionally, we’re not talking about SAE lights shipping with the existing wide corner lenses, which throw light everywhere, we’re talking about lenses that are way, way, way less out of compliance, IF they are, in fact, out of compliance.

2) There’s posting about the issue and defending your position and then there’s this thread. Reiterating, I get your point and agree, as a purchaser, I can definitely understand the financial and difficulty outlay. Not to mention, one of us could end up with a citation that we’d end up having to pay which we shouldn’t all things being equal. But, this thread reminds me of a kid we all knew in elementary school who always wanted to start a fight between other people. he would circle back and forth between 2 people ‘did you hear what Adam said about you? he said you have a small p@cker!’ and then carry back to Adam some incendiary accusation and repeat this until the 2 were so angry at each other, they couldn’t see they’d been played.

Is that what you’re doing here, because that’s what it looks like.

3) What is it you really want?

Really? Or is it something else? Because if it’s the former, it would seem to me that there are better venues to raise your issues than this thread. Ask yourself this, if you want to get action out of a vendor, is an internet thread argument buried in a slightly related topic the optimal venue for your objective? Or, would dealing with the vendor directly and / or having a dedicated online discussion be a better venue or venues?
Remember, I agree with your premise, and I have the affected product here. So I’m asking, what is it you really want here? If you want a statement from B/D, I’d suggest you ask them directly. There are a few ways you can do that effectively.

4) Related; you’re spending so much time in this thread, unproductive time at that, and could be better focusing your efforts to get the issue addressed by BD.

5) You are obviously passionately advocating your position here and there is nothing wrong with that position. My overarching point here is that it’s wasted effort to have this discussion buried in a ‘what’s the best lighting combo thread’. Pick up the phone, start a new internet discussion or discussions, post on social media or worst case, take to Fusion GPS to make up an anti-Baja Designs dossier and publicize it.

Recalls are made public. If Springfield made a recall on one of their firearms you can see that before purchasing it. Also, depending on the severity of the recall, they can make a stop sell on the item and fix it before putting it back up for sale. Obviously, that’s a last resort for any manufacturer.

Don’t own a taco and never have. Don’t have a friend with one or a friend of a friend with one. Never owned any Toyota or anything other than Ford’s since I’ve been able to purchase my own vehicles.

Reread my initial first post on the issue. Truth wasn’t out and dealers here were not being fully honest about the actual problem at hand if the issue was brought up, despite the fact that BD CEO had publicly admitted its fault on another forum.

I never wanted to post beyond that, but folks want to argue facts and simply not admit that the situation could have and should have been handled better. Zombiekillers first sentence in response was “I honestly don't understand what the big deal is with the SAE business.”. Well shit, this guy isn’t gonna get it.

It’s not some random guys post put up on the internet. Although, that got BD to send their SAE lights into a third party to verify their compliance (which it failed).

It’s not about how their SAE lights produce less glare than their off road lights. Good enough shouldn’t be what you’re paying for. Non compliance on a product advertised to be compliant is wrong.

Folks on the Tacoma forum are aware of that, why weren’t you aware on this one? BD and it’s dealers have a large presence on here...hmmmmmmmmmm. Should I be the one to have to ask the question?

None of this is speculation. Once again, it has been confirmed and admitted (on the Tacoma forum) from BD CEO. Screen shots below, as well as a link https://www.tacomaworld.com/threads/the-led-sae-j583-fog-pod-fog-light-review.554813/page-85.

71790650-1DA4-4AAE-89EA-A818DDD13155.jpeg 3FC02AAB-6AEE-4475-9375-C96DF4671731.jpeg 9C46FDB0-53C9-4520-8D95-CFF5500A71C5.jpeg 34793309-81D8-4928-92C5-4DC224D19C6E.jpeg

I’m sure BD will make it right and they make excellent lights otherwise. Doesn’t change the fact it should have been dealt with better.

Lastly, it doesn’t matter where, when or how this was brought up. Feelings were gonna be hurt and ignorance runs high here.

I genuinely hope you get your lights fixed. When you do, pics or it didn’t happen and or you put the lights on a Prius :). Have a good one, man.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Sooo group hug now?
EEEEEEWWWWWW

Absolutely ************* group hug or better yet, group drink :cheers:

ok... I can get behind this.
Bourbon country

Up tonight: Makers Mark ‘Private Select / taster’s panel selection’.

I genuinely hope you get your lights fixed. When you do, pics or it didn’t happen and or you put the lights on a Prius :). Have a good one, man.

B/D on a prius... the horror.
Now... my lawn tractor, yeah I can see that.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
It occurs to me all this banter about ultimate driving light combo is ignoring one obvious solution:

sawzall the lower side of the stock bumper and stuff some XL80’s down there. 3 per side would be a bit tight but 2 xl80 + a squadron is doable.

who’s gonna be first?
:)