uhaul/budget/enerprise

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EmbDriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
quick question for you all that may have moved or used one of the car hauler trailers......will a raptor fit on one? if so, anyone prefer one over the other?

911 Crazy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
love ya buddy.....in an severity I have not been able to confirm that the truck will fit on a rental trailer

My 944's look like there is only a few inches left on both sides and a Raptor is like 17' wide.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
I hauled a cop tahoe on a uhaul short car hauler, fit fine. I think you can go on their site and put in what vehicle you're hauling and it will spit out what trailer you need.
I have had a number of car haulers over the years, they are usually about 82" or slightly more between the fenders. My last bigtex hauler had removable fenders, so it would be a non-issue. I would say if you can find a place that rents regular 16-18 car haulers without rails, of course, you'll be okay.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most non deck over trailers are 83” max between the fenders, the Raptor total width is listed at 86.3”. I don’t have one to measure the width from tire to tire, but I’d guess it’s over 83” with stock wheels. Regardless of width, the max load for the U-haul version is 5290# and the Raptor weighs 5,525 (Scab) and 5,697 (Screw).

Here is my current towing setup. The trailer is a 20’ 14K car hauler. I’ll be selling the truck and trailer shortly since I ordered the Raptor.

68719958-A487-4024-A9AA-EA04DB538D4E.jpeg