UCA's, Suggestions on Brands, or Are all +/- $1500 UCA's the Same???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm in need of replacing my UCA's and trying to determine which is best bang for the buck.

- I've seen the ones from RPG, Camburg, Rogue, etc. Rogue are relatively "inexpensive" at $799 when compared to the others out there at $1500+, but at what expense?

- Don't want to have to service in another 50,000 miles and replace worn out poly bushings, so are the ones with heim joints the better, although double the price, option?

- Some have 1" uni-balls vs 1.25" uni-balls, much difference? and what do you lubricate with?

- Is one brand quieter than others? This is still my daily driver.

- Any other feedback or suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks for your input.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
They're all pretty nice. Icons can be adjusted on the vehicle which is nice for the alignment and they offer the Delta joint which is supposed to be less maintenance than uniballs. RPG works with stock offset wheels. SVC and Kibbetech both have really nice billet options as well but can't be adjusted on the vehicle from what I understand.

I'd skip Rogue as whole but if you are looking for less expensive (non adjustable) UCA's I'd look at Camburg's tubular UCA's. They'll help dial caster that leveling kits typically throw off.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks Justin, I got the Black Rhino Abrams from you earlier this year, so I'm running 0 offset wheels now. I had seen the SVC's as well, but I'll take a look at the Icon's since that is a nice option to adjust while on the truck. I have a lifetime alignment agreement with Brake Check, but will likely get with Brave Motorsports here locally to do the initial install. They have a good rep with Raptor owners here locally. Thanks!

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
@WillieFlo Perfect, you can pretty much get any option on the market with the 4.75" backspace on those wheels. If the shop is good with Raptors then they probably won't have issues with the ones that are adjusted off the truck. When I had a set on my last truck one shop wanted to charge way more for the alignment.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@WillieFlo Perfect, you can pretty much get any option on the market with the 4.75" backspace on those wheels. If the shop is good with Raptors then they probably won't have issues with the ones that are adjusted off the truck. When I had a set on my last truck one shop wanted to charge way more for the alignment.

I'm seeing numerous about the Delta joint being an advantage by minimizing maintenance vs a uniball. Looks like the Icons may have a slight advantage there, since this is my DD and I want to minimize squeaking and maintain only around every 3k-5k. Plus, it looks like they have a 5-year warranty, which is longer than uni-balls. Since the Icons are in the same price range as the other billet options, seems like the best bang for my buck.

Peterb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you have to go aftermarket UCA because of wheel offset or you’re doing a slot delete and require a different alignment adjustment I would say stay stock
heims and uniballs squeak and wear out, they are stronger and articulate better but that only matters for hard off roading.
my UCAs from a big name supplier last about a year and then the uniball and heims are loose, they squeak after a month or so, lubricants don’t really work, dust, mud, dirty water get grit in the joints immediately and then the creaking starts

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you have to go aftermarket UCA because of wheel offset or you’re doing a slot delete and require a different alignment adjustment I would say stay stock
heims and uniballs squeak and wear out, they are stronger and articulate better but that only matters for hard off roading.
my UCAs from a big name supplier last about a year and then the uniball and heims are loose, they squeak after a month or so, lubricants don’t really work, dust, mud, dirty water get grit in the joints immediately and then the creaking starts
Yeah, I’ve heard that, which is why I decided to go with the Icon Delta joints instead. Supposed to eliminate a lot of that, and less maintenance every 3,000-5000 miles. I had open uniballs on my Titan previously and it was annoying, but they lasted for 4 years before ball needed to be replaced. I used dry lube for guns on it to minimize buildup after realizing what greasing did for buildup.
The Delta joint comes with a 5-yr warranty and has a zerk fitting to grease internally. I’ll post a review after I’ve put about 5,000 on them.

OP
OP
WillieFlo

WillieFlo

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Icon UCA’s have held up great. No complaints at all after a couple trips to Colo & Utah, a trip up to Yellowstone, 2 hunting seasons in South TX, and 50k miles of mostly highway driving, I’ve had no issues. I do need to grease them though. It’s been a year without even a squeak…..

yoopercharged

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Icon UCA’s have held up great. No complaints at all after a couple trips to Colo & Utah, a trip up to Yellowstone, 2 hunting seasons in South TX, and 50k miles of mostly highway driving, I’ve had no issues. I do need to grease them though. It’s been a year without even a squeak…..
Great to hear. I'll be interested to see how they hold up through salty Midwest winters.