GEN 2 UCAs -- are they worth it for me?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
A

Asinine

Reaction score
I see why you went with the KHC kit -- thanks for the tip. And thanks to all for the good info so far.

What is a judicious way to decide between the UCAs? Icon is out because of backspacing. SVC, RPG, and Camburg all have similar features with subtle differences, such as 1.5" uniball v. 1" spherical bearing v. 1.25" uniball, or 9/16" v. 3/4" 12-point bolt.

After installing UCAs and slot delete, will typical alignment shops know how to align or will I need to find a specialized shop?

brettmess24

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I see why you went with the KHC kit -- thanks for the tip. And thanks to all for the good info so far.

What is a judicious way to decide between the UCAs? Icon is out because of backspacing. SVC, RPG, and Camburg all have similar features with subtle differences, such as 1.5" uniball v. 1" spherical bearing v. 1.25" uniball, or 9/16" v. 3/4" 12-point bolt.

After installing UCAs and slot delete, will typical alignment shops know how to align or will I need to find a specialized shop?

I’m planning on going with the Icon because of the adjustability(not having to remove from the truck to adjust) and the delta joint(salt).
I worry about the shop as well and I’m planning to do the work and bring the instructions highlighted for the alignment, surely they can figure that out?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
A

Asinine

Reaction score
I prefer the Icon UCAs too, however my wheels have too much backspacing for proper fitment. On the positive side, with the other UCAs, it appears you only have to dial-in the camber/caster once, then it's locked down for life.

Clockton

Full Access Member
Reaction score
UCAs are worth it. Who wants mine? They are coming off in 1-2 months waiting for my new Kings to show up...

564A9C58-7064-4AD6-BED4-F93BAC62BFFD.jpeg