UCA decisions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
MFG

MFG

Reaction score
Ok so far, SVC only has the welded steel that may be just fine? I have a call in to RPG and Icon to check stock. Hopefully someone has a pair in stock, that could make the decision easy.
I Just had the call from Icon while I was typing, They said 4 weeks max they where just waiting for some Delta Joints to come in so I went ahead and placed the order.
Thanks for all the pictures and advise.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Our biggest seller is the ICON Delta Joint and what I typically recommend. I believe in it enough that I have it on my own raptor. And I even have the RPG Billet Fox Orange one still in the box but put ICON on. ICON is the only one that allows you to make adjustments while still fully mounted to the truck. There is another brand that mimicked the ICON design but cannot recall the name (we don't sell). Plus the delta joint is sealed unlike most uniballs that wear out. ICON's need greased, uniballs need replaced. I also sell slot deletes and have my front end dialed-in. You really want to increase Caster (out of specs is fine) and camber can increase but stay within specs on it. Caster allows your steering wheel to come to center sooner and easier, especially when off-roading.

We offer discounts to FRF Members, please feel free to send an message for pricing.
Thanks!
Rick

OP
OP
MFG

MFG

Reaction score
Our biggest seller is the ICON Delta Joint and what I typically recommend. I believe in it enough that I have it on my own raptor. And I even have the RPG Billet Fox Orange one still in the box but put ICON on. ICON is the only one that allows you to make adjustments while still fully mounted to the truck. There is another brand that mimicked the ICON design but cannot recall the name (we don't sell). Plus the delta joint is sealed unlike most uniballs that wear out. ICON's need greased, uniballs need replaced. I also sell slot deletes and have my front end dialed-in. You really want to increase Caster (out of specs is fine) and camber can increase but stay within specs on it. Caster allows your steering wheel to come to center sooner and easier, especially when off-roading.

We offer discounts to FRF Members, please feel free to send an message for pricing.
Thanks!
Rick
Thanks Rick for all the info and the discount offer. I was making the purchase because I can only get about 4.0 on my caster in the setup I have now. I drives ok but I know with 5.0 or so it would be better. I let my buddy that has a local 4x4 shop order them for me because I was going to have him install them for me anyway and he gave me a pretty decent discount. If you have them in stock and he can't come through in a couple of weeks I will sure let you know. I am also going to order some Deaver's for the rear and will defiantly give you a shot on those as well as the slot delete kit.
Thank you again for your response and offer!

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Thanks Rick for all the info and the discount offer. I was making the purchase because I can only get about 4.0 on my caster in the setup I have now. I drives ok but I know with 5.0 or so it would be better. I let my buddy that has a local 4x4 shop order them for me because I was going to have him install them for me anyway and he gave me a pretty decent discount. If you have them in stock and he can't come through in a couple of weeks I will sure let you know. I am also going to order some Deaver's for the rear and will defiantly give you a shot on those as well as the slot delete kit.
Thank you again for your response and offer!

I am all for using a local shop over an online vendor even if we are a FRF sponsored vendor. The relation that is built with a local shop regardless if their prices might be higher for parts is worth the relationship in my opinion. So I don't blame your direction one bit. We have a shop too and always appreciate local customers as we have lots of customers that travel from far or ship their raptor to us due to our reputation, so I get it and understand that aspect.

We do have the ICON DJ in stock, so let me know if your local guy cannot get them, I can ship them direct to their shop. We also sell Deavers, whenever you go that direction. For me, Deavers was the first thing I did. The rear to me needed more work than the front to start off with. I found that out quickly when I took it off-road for the first time at TRR.

Dustan

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A847E906-DBA4-42B0-A38F-E06AEC76E3EF.jpeg
Another vote for icon’s. I was able to help at the alignment shop because they were not sure how to use the UCA’s with a slot delete. The alignment mechanic was very pleased with the ease of adjustment.

mattl600

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SVC here. Jeff also set the front up with very small spacers to clear the 2020 Ford beadlocks.

Attachments

• EA30B7B1-5FC9-45CA-9A83-61D7AD2CC28C.jpeg
    EA30B7B1-5FC9-45CA-9A83-61D7AD2CC28C.jpeg
    75.4 KB · Views: 47

FordPerf Addict

FRF Addict
Reaction score
delta joint is better for cold weather and corrosion if i am not mistaken? less maintenance then the uniball. I myself have the Icons