UCA and Slot Delete install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any first hand knowledge on installing UCA's and a Slot delete kit? I have the tools and mechanical ability, I've just never done this particular job before. I've done mid perch, and installed new front shocks and coils if that says anything, but i'm a little nervous about things that really affect the trucks alignment and could potentially make it un-drivable. Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong, but if i only take one LCA bolt out at a time and replace it with the slot delete, the LCA location shouldn't change, right? If i adjust the new UCA's to be the same length as stock or just adjust them so the tires look straight, i should be good enough to drive it to the alignment shop and have it done professionally? Am i missing anything? has anyone done this and how did it go?

Also, what do you guys recommend for UCA's? I'm looking for aluminum and most likely going with RPG or ICON. Is there any benifit to ICON's delta joint Vs a normal uniball?

thanks in advance

BenBB

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nice, which slot delete did you go with, bolt-in like Rogue or weld-in like Krazy House? I haven't done mine yet (good luck deciding on UCA's heh) but have replaced stock UCA's and installed adjustment cams on the LCA's. You won't make it un-drivable; unless your alignment shop is 200 miles of asphalt away just eyeball it: maybe take a before pic if it helps but if you get pretty much zero camber (tires vertical) in the driveway and since you're not changing toe with the tie rods anyway, it won't destroy your tires or be super squirrelly on your way to the alignment shop. Or maybe align it yourself with these:
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/...vGAsB59ZxtTg7TXN-KnFWP9DujZSh4NhoCbGwQAvD_BwE
Good luck and let us know what happens.

Desertrat83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went with the Icon UCA's because the can be adjusted without removing anything once installed, also had the rouge slot delete installed at the same time the stock shocks were rebuilt. Couldn't be happier since this is the first time I have owned the truck and have gone over 5k miles without needing an alignment. There's 48k on my 13 SCAB and love it more and more I drive it. I have been in the aviation/Rocket industry for 17 yrs and seen some shit products but the Icon uca's and rouge slot delete did not disappoint in terms of fit, form, and function. Don't bother with trying to make it match the current alignment since these adjustments go out the window with the slot delete kit. Good luck with your choice.

OP
OP
Jhollowell

Jhollowell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That’s good to hear. I was a machinist for 7 years and an aerospace designer for the last 10 so i can appreciate a well made product.

Question for anyone that’s familiar with alignment. When you adjust the uppers, you have to jack up the truck so the tires are off the ground, make the adjustment, then lower it so you can see how it looks? I’m just trying to get it close so i can drive it to the alignment shop

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Desertrat83

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Camber and caster are not as important as toe. Use a tape measure and a friend then measure the front of the tires in relation to the rear of the tires for a toe measurement.. (Make sure you are measuring to the same spot every time. Maybe mark the tire with a grease pencil or piece of tape to help with consistency). this is the biggest reason for worn tires besides under/over inflation.