Twin Panel Moonroof Interior Lighting Upgrades?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DCW Raptor 3

Reaction score
Just upgraded to a 2019 Gen2 with a twin panel moon roof from 2014 Gen1 with a single panel unit. The interior lighting is garbage in the Gen2 compared to the Gen1! I miss the center light with big LED upgrade that would make the cab feel like your on an operating table. Anyone have any slick interior lighting upgrades for these trucks? I was thinking a strip of LED lights tucked up around the perimeter of the moon roof opening, but seems that this would act more like a mood/ambient light due to the lights not being able to point downwards into the cab area.

Thanks.

Nex

RIP CoronaRaptor
Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said bad prius lighting.

While I agree the Gen 2 interior lights are not great, they are better than the headlights. But at least we have lighted cup holders.

Zeusmotorworks

Semi-retired, now just a happy grumpy old man!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes the OE interior lighting is the worst of any vehicle I've ever had... unless there is some upgrade I'm not privy to. At least you can throw LEDs is 80's vehices with the lights in the right place. But what's available for Gen 2 Raptors?

OP
OP
D

DCW Raptor 3

Reaction score
Yes the OE interior lighting is the worst of any vehicle I've ever had... unless there is some upgrade I'm not privy to. At least you can throw LEDs is 80's vehices with the lights in the right place. But what's available for Gen 2 Raptors?
Exactly, thats why im here asking and hoping someone has a nifty solution. Maybe there is a dimming feature im not aware of for the interior lights? Just based on size and placement of the lights that do exist, i cant see it getting much better even if the intensity increased.

Not sure the comment above about the headlights, Gen2 headlights are light years better than my Gen1….

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

DCW Raptor 3

Reaction score
Welcome to FRF. Please post pictures of said bad prius lighting.

While I agree the Gen 2 interior lights are not great, they are better than the headlights. But at least we have lighted cup holders.
Picture of bad lighting, its really dark in here.

628CC124-50A4-401B-A0A4-C29D85677946.jpeg