Turning on Rigid lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
My guess would be the amperage for the factory fog wiring would be overloaded. So they split them. Just an assumption.

Fog circuit shows to be 15amp
upfitter shows to be 10 amp

So my assumption was wrong.

Last edited:

JasonSTL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a dumb question, but why does one fog light come with a cover over it and operated separately by the Aux switch? I’m sure it’s a very logical reason, I just don’t know it yet.
I believe there’s some DOT regulation that limits the number of forward driving lamps so the covers are for the “off road use only” set. They both don’t do much but light up right in front of the truck so either some adjustment or a/m replacements would help.

Raptorial

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Probably a simple solution, but how do i turn on the Rigid fog lights. Tried the aux switch and didn't see it turn on. Am i missing something? Also how is the illumination?
This is a good problem to have

V8 Goat

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I believe there’s some DOT regulation that limits the number of forward driving lamps so the covers are for the “off road use only” set. They both don’t do much but light up right in front of the truck so either some adjustment or a/m replacements would help.
This. That’s why one set has covers - that keeps the existence of the inner set of fogs legal…

combatninja

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Going out on a limb and assuming if he was dumb enough to not realize the lights were covered then he will be equally dumb in their use. The drivers in your town thank you in advance.

OP
OP
M

Mattfusa

Reaction score
Ok, is no one going to acknowledge that this dude didn’t realize the covers were still on?
Haha so there are actually only covers on two of them, the two controlled by the aux. The dealership told me the aux switch was for all of them, which its not. So aux controls two and the interior button controls the other two.

btizzle

Reaction score
Haha so there are actually only covers on two of them, the two controlled by the aux. The dealership told me the aux switch was for all of them, which its not. So aux controls two and the interior button controls the other two.
someone had to be the Guinee pig!

Blue Devil

Reaction score
I haven't tried the aux ones yet, but the normal fogs don't do much. They appear to be aimed extremely low from the factory. I'm going to try to adjust them up a bit.