Turning off pre collision warning

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JN718

Reaction score
Would like to know if we are able to turn off or disable the pre collision warning. Coming from a tesla who's auto pilot was fantastic to Fords version is definitely a downgrade. The slamming of the breaks when not necessary seems more of a safety issue. Had this happen twice when I had my foot on brake and was in control but Raptor decided otherwise and slammed on the brakes. Not good.

CTK59

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico, it ain't "new" & it ain't "mexico"
Would like to know if we are able to turn off or disable the pre collision warning. Coming from a tesla who's auto pilot was fantastic to Fords version is definitely a downgrade. The slamming of the breaks when not necessary seems more of a safety issue. Had this happen twice when I had my foot on brake and was in control but Raptor decided otherwise and slammed on the brakes. Not good.
I believe you can turn it off, or adjust settings like sensitivity, braking. I have never had my "slam" on the brakes but I have had it alert when IMO it wasn't necessary. Go to Features, driver assistance, pre-collision...

OP
OP
J

JN718

Reaction score
Thanks. Guess I should of looked before I asked. Appreciate the quick reply.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Guess I should of looked before I asked. Appreciate the quick reply.
no worries, I have a new bumper on and havent reconnected the ACC so I have an error with this system. In my situation turning it off didnt help with the error, not until I reconnected the ACC

Donovan

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Are you driving up on someone too close and fast?

You can adjust the settings. I like to keep mine as a decent distance while I read the newspaper, make coffee and change baby diapers while driving. It keeps the driving experience exciting.

disclaimer: Do not believe a thing I type. LOL