TurboSmart EM BOV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's a pic of the orientation of the valve when mounted correctly. There are 2 holes for the bracket, you want the wire leads coming off the valve going toward the center of the intercooler, not toward the outside. I found this out the hard way and had to remove it. Wires hit the frame when put back together unless mounted as mentioned. They provide 2 brackets, the directions show both being used at the same time, and that just doesn't work. I used the simple L bracket and it lined up with the mounting hole and secured the valve.

20200209_152757.jpg

I could not get the intercooler out of the truck. The fans made it difficult (not present on normal f150 according to Stage3 install video), but I could not get the OEM bov past the driver side pipe/elbow off intercooler. I ended up removing that hard plastic 45° elbow completely and just sagged the left side of intercooler down to install the new valve. Be careful of the wires that need detached above the valve. I also loosened the charge pipe connections on passenger side to help with this.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a picture of it mounted wrong (at least I think). See how the wires off the valve press against frame rail- not good. Turn the valve 180° and twist into intercooler so wires go toward inside of intercooler. Utilize the other threaded hole for mounting bracket.

20200209_150803.jpg

Last edited:

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, sounds good. After changing out my IC for the CVF, wish these came out sooner.
But atleast i got practice.

Who did you purchase from?

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update, sounds good. After changing out my IC for the CVF, wish these came out sooner.

Xtreme diesel performance, they came up in a search and had 10% off sitewide last weekend.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea , they and MAP Performance always seems to have that 10%.

Hopefully there will be enough interest in a group buy. Seems good chance. F150forum usually gets them started

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I was surprised how much oil pooled in the charge pipes... Did you get any of that?

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
Brilliant post... From the guy with the sprinkler under the hood. Would you classify the manual valve you installed as crappy? OEM valve is plastic and doesn't hold up or hold increased boost. The manual valve is spring loaded and requires running reference line and cutting into stock plumbing (lol). New valve is plug and play, metal, larger, EM. You're butt hurt.

incorrect. you do not need to "cut into" anything. Leave the factory shit alone. buy a throttle body spacer with a reference port. Run the mechanical valve trouble and sprinkler free.

the mechanical valve works just fine for me.

Some people just look for solutions to problems that don't exist.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
incorrect. you do not need to "cut into" anything. Leave the factory shit alone. buy a throttle body spacer with a reference port. Run the mechanical valve trouble and sprinkler free.

the mechanical valve works just fine for me.

Have fun with the mechanical valve bud, were talking about the new EM valve here.

Some people just look for solutions to problems that don't exist.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
the point is, the em valve is a solution looking for a problem. No need to replace the mechanical valve that you have with this. just install your mechanical valve properly.