TurboSmart EM BOV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Oahutodd

Reaction score
I had the same thought as you, why not just remove the pipe? So I did. I'm using a vinyl end cap and hose clamp to plug the hole on the inlet tube and haven't had any issues at all. Truck runs great, no check engine lights. Links to what I'm using are below:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0747RVMRZ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B017L17Z1C/?tag=fordraptorforum-20
That’s just too easy and fully functional. I was able to get the connector seated. But bov 100% silent. TS are sending new actuator with correct plug/harness. If not obviously audible I’ll avoid any possible overboost and return it for a refund. It should just be so simple. The unit looks great quality but it’s gotta work well for the $329. I tested connector & factory harness and it’s got perfect continuity. So not a signal/connector issue. Either valve or electronic actuator. One more try

Last edited:

Oahutodd

Reaction score
Got it working.

But before doing install over I wanted to just wash my hands of the issue and get refund. Wasted enough of my time. I asked TS vendor to issue pre paid RMA shipping label since they sent part from Turbo Smart with incorrect plug. Response; “if it can be resold and was never attempted to install would issue RMA tag”. Apparently this employee doesn’t understand English. I paid for the part and wanted the part. I didn’t “change my mind”. I spend better part of a day installing it - to find plug doesn’t fit (which was verified by Richard at Turbo Smart!). I guess if they “could trick the next customer it was new & uninstalled” they would take it back for a refund - rather then take the issue up with Turbo Smart - the business who sent it out with wrong plug. Decided to make shipping incorrect part back for refund my expense. Needless to say enjoy the $3K order. Cause likely won’t be patronizing your business again. The employee either is a shyster running rouge or trained to do & say exactly what he did. This wasn’t my issue. I paid my $. I was sent parts that wouldn’t work. Rather than step up and refund my money - made it my issue. Not playing that game again when looking to drop several more thousand dollars. I’ll deal with Cobb direct or new vendor. Sucks. Shit canned future business over $15 RMA ship label.

The fact they confirmed Baja Designs S8 LED would fit with Cobb front mount behind grill intercooler which I’m guessing isn’t the case now pretty well seals the deal. The knee jerk to take that $$$ won’t serve long term. I’d of gladly bought a different $1,000.00 LED bar that was compatible. Rona gots folks doing scandalous BS burning bridges when no need. The money & future sales were there for the taking. But petty legit bs refund antics & incorrect sales info leave me holding incompatible parts or ship back at my expense. Nope Won’t be fooled again.

Last edited:

Pure745

Full Access Member
Reaction score
check engine light is on again, and the valve isn't blowing off.

i haven't scanned the actual codes yet, but fordpass is telling me the air filter is clogged, which it def isnt..so im assuming its related...

theres also mention of an electrical issue with the turbo system, but the BOV was leaking boost the other day..

Im going to have to go with a different BOV..

I believe mine to be leaking boost as well. I got the orange wrench light, pulled over checked the codes and the error was an overboost indication. I then switched back to Map 0 on my Cobb and now it barely blows off.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
This is ridiculous that these are still out there. I’m so glad I didn’t jump on this. Sorry for everyone who did and has issues.

Last edited:

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score

hingedthinker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pre-orders shipped last week, mine should be here tomorrow. Wondering if anyone else ordered or is planning on ordering. New product and there's very little info on it. I chatted with TurboSmart about it and it's a plug and play replacement for the stock BOV, electrically operated via stock harness so none of the hardware and boost reference nonsense involved with the older BOV kit they sell- most importantly it doesn't sound like a lawn sprinkler while at idle like the mechanical valve does.

Anyway, I'll report back after install in case anyone is interested.

https://www.turbosmart.com/news/f150-vee-port-em/
I have one on my Rap