TurboSmart EM BOV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gcode450

Reaction score
Pre-orders shipped last week, mine should be here tomorrow. Wondering if anyone else ordered or is planning on ordering. New product and there's very little info on it. I chatted with TurboSmart about it and it's a plug and play replacement for the stock BOV, electrically operated via stock harness so none of the hardware and boost reference nonsense involved with the older BOV kit they sell- most importantly it doesn't sound like a lawn sprinkler while at idle like the mechanical valve does.

Anyway, I'll report back after install in case anyone is interested.

https://www.turbosmart.com/news/f150-vee-port-em/

Interested...

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You are right. I watch a few videos last night and looked closely at the valve and it vents to atmosphere.

But I do see one potential problem. The oem valve mounts parallel to the ic. This one mounts straight out from the ic. It is hard to tell from the pics how big it is. Could there be a potential clearance issue?

Also the oem one is secured by a bolt. Is this one secured by a bolt? If not, Can’t it just fly off under boost?

It vents to the atmosphere. I’ve been eyeing it since last year. Consistent boost held & way more durable. I’m just making sure there’s no issue, I don’t want to be the guinea pig.

OP
OP
S

SlickMachine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You are right. I watch a few videos last night and looked closely at the valve and it vents to atmosphere.

But I do see one potential problem. The oem valve mounts parallel to the ic. This one mounts straight out from the ic. It is hard to tell from the pics how big it is. Could there be a potential clearance issue?

Also the oem one is secured by a bolt. Is this one secured by a bolt? If not, Can’t it just fly off under boost?
When I talked to Turbo Smart about it, they said there is a bracket included that holds it in place.

Biggwrm

Full Access Member
Reaction score

yea , if you look in pic, there is a threaded hole down low for a hold down bracket.

Glenn Laborda

Reaction score
Pre-orders shipped last week, mine should be here tomorrow. Wondering if anyone else ordered or is planning on ordering. New product and there's very little info on it. I chatted with TurboSmart about it and it's a plug and play replacement for the stock BOV, electrically operated via stock harness so none of the hardware and boost reference nonsense involved with the older BOV kit they sell- most importantly it doesn't sound like a lawn sprinkler while at idle like the mechanical valve does.

Anyway, I'll report back after install in case anyone is interested.

https://www.turbosmart.com/news/f150-vee-port-em/

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This seems like a logical solution to the manual BOV, surprised it took so long. Interested to see some reviews