TurboSmart EM BOV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stratia69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Eric, thanks for your help. 1)OEM BOV, 2) EM BOV, 3) OEM Connector.

View attachment 142733

View attachment 142734

View attachment 142735
2019 and I had the same issue. I sent similar pics to Chris (Sales Manager @ Turbosmart). They hadn't had any negative feedback until now. The vendor they used to make the plastic plug used a version that will not work with the OEM connector. After getting the pics to their R&D guys they noticed that the side grooves on the pigtail are not grooved full depth. If you look at your pic you can see it on the left and right groove. They have to correct this, no timeline as of May 15th.

I used a Dremel with slim engraving bit and it worked, just have to go very slow and patient. Didn't take much.

Issue I'm having is that I installed it tonight, everything plugged in and test drove it. It's holding boost, but I cannot hear it venting.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2019 and I had the same issue. I sent similar pics to Chris (Sales Manager @ Turbosmart). They hadn't had any negative feedback until now. The vendor they used to make the plastic plug used a version that will not work with the OEM connector. After getting the pics to their R&D guys they noticed that the side grooves on the pigtail are not grooved full depth. If you look at your pic you can see it on the left and right groove. They have to correct this, no timeline as of May 15th.

I used a Dremel with slim engraving bit and it worked, just have to go very slow and patient. Didn't take much.

Issue I'm having is that I installed it tonight, everything plugged in and test drove it. It's holding boost, but I cannot hear it venting.

I just ordered this BOV for my 2019, should I expect this same issue then?

Stratia69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just ordered this BOV for my 2019, should I expect this same issue then?
Good chance, we just talked on Friday the 15th. They said they were going to pull all the stock until they can get the correct connection for the pigtail. They dont expect every could or should dremel the plug. They aaked me to try it since they cant get a donor truck right now and wanted to verify that was the issue.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I wondered whether or not the TS EM BOV would fit the the SVC FMIC. Could you possibly take a pic through the grill when you get a chance? Thank you!

I installed one on my truck a couple of weeks back. I have SVC FMIC with the BOV mounted on the side of the IC. Fitting required that I pull the front grill off to gain access, but once you have done it once its a 15 minute exercise. I had to remove the IC top mounts and loosen bottom hose to maneuver the IC out far enough to remove the original OEM unit as it is so large you just don't have the clearance to rotate it far enough. Once the OE unit was removed the EM BOV went on real easy and takes up a lot less room and looks better. I also agree with others that the sound is better than the VTA mod using the OE unit. Since I fitted it I do not notice it.

Comish

Full Access Member
Reaction score

That makes sense. That's really frustrating that it wasn't caught. It makes you wonder how many customers it will ultimately effect.

Russ103

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good chance, we just talked on Friday the 15th. They said they were going to pull all the stock until they can get the correct connection for the pigtail. They dont expect every could or should dremel the plug. They aaked me to try it since they cant get a donor truck right now and wanted to verify that was the issue.

Thanks. I should probably send it back without even opening it then until they get the issue resolved.

Stratia69

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I should probably send it back without even opening it then until they get the issue resolved.
Yeah, I installed it Sunday and the connector fit after dremel. However, I went for a 4 mile loop test ride and the dash boost gauge registered psi but the BOV never made a sound. The boost would max out at 20 and it would shift to next gear but no release.

Paked it. Got in today, started it up and had a check engine light. Plugged in the access port and had "P0035 - Turbocharger or Supercharger Bypass Valve Control Circuit High"

Cleared the code. Shut off and restarted, check engine light went out but that code keepa popping up.

Just spoke to TS tech again and they said it should just blow off and asked if I even heard a flutter. Thats a NO! They said it would be the first they've heard of a total non-functioning unit.

May just swap back and get another unit.