TurboSmart EM BOV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Lwlandy

Reaction score
I installed one on my truck a couple of weeks back. I have SVC FMIC with the BOV mounted on the side of the IC. Fitting required that I pull the front grill off to gain access, but once you have done it once its a 15 minute exercise. I had to remove the IC top mounts and loosen bottom hose to maneuver the IC out far enough to remove the original OEM unit as it is so large you just don't have the clearance to rotate it far enough. Once the OE unit was removed the EM BOV went on real easy and takes up a lot less room and looks better. I also agree with others that the sound is better than the VTA mod using the OE unit. Since I fitted it I do not notice it.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Well I went to attempt this today thinking it would be a fast 10 mins... nope. I have the first ADD FMIC made by full race - in order to get the OEM BOV off I have to remove the IC pipe the BOV is attached to - I can't get it off as the frame is in the way. Anyone install with a full race IC yet? Also, I'm not 100% sure the brackets included will reach to where the OEM BOV is bolted down to on the IC pipe. I will reattempt this when I have more time and the weather isn't so crappy.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finished installing it tonight. I have an ADD Stealth Fighter bumper with their Intercooler setup as well. It was a pain in the ass, but it got done. You have to remove the driver side charge pipe from the intercooler that the BOV sits on. Took about 2 hours, as reaching the clamps & then getting the pipe back in & retightening the clamps is the worst part. It’s much louder than the stock BOV with the vent-to-atmosphere mod. No codes so far. Probably a waste of money, but whatever... I like the louder vent sound.

WHYUMAD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, finally installed this today. As I suspected, it does not work with the ADD intercooler as there is no mount that works so I had to fashion my own out of a giant hose clamp. Not that big of a deal but it made it an hour job instead of a 15 minute job.

hGY4dURVg1EBiWt9B984-D-G3-t29TMonrOfNLKjuq34=w2400.jpg

8hNgRm2k64x5Yp-SwUdy--faCzm5Y7rpI-7oXgMXEB44=w2400.jpg

w7vhkMvCIkvQjhInrxUhm1cY6vM_J2WKPATkcKdDVE5c=w2400.jpg
I need to make a bracket like that too... wish my ADD bumper was as open as yours, the Stealthfighter is a bitch to access anything in it. The BOV fit tighttt when screwed in, but I’ll make a bracket like this soon. Great idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comish

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had an issue with the connector to the OEM plug? I was installing this along with a CVF intercooler. Everything went as planned until I was trying to connect the EM BOV. It just wont go like the key is different. I tried to connect to the OEM BOV just to make certain I didn't damage anything. Thoughts? Also major thanks to Nick@apollo-optics for getting this out the door so quickly! Now if I can't get the damn thing together. First world problems...