Help Support Ford Raptor Forum by donating:

TurboSmart EM BOV

Discussion in 'Ford F-150 Raptor General Discussions [GEN 2]' started by SlickMachine, Feb 8, 2020.

1. Dustan

Dustan FRF Supporting Member Supporting Member

I ended up cutting the hose as short as possible, which is fitting to fitting and Then using the plug. It’s really flimsy with the Cobb breather hose at original length. It will work fine but I’d still like to find a plug that that fits the intake pipe. The new BOV fits really great on the pipe Cobb made.

2. Mbdurham

Mbdurham Full Access Member

I installed mine tonight. I am running a Cobb FMIC and ADD bumper so it was super easy. Maybe 30 minutes or so. Haven’t driven it yet but will test it out tomorrow. I am going to either cut the hose or find a cap or something. I zip tied the hose to the frame for now.

Edit:

Maybe something like this. Need to make sure of the hose size

Prescott Plastics 8 Pack: 1 1/4 Inch Round Black Vinyl End Cap, Flexible Pipe Post Rubber Cover https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0747RVMRZ/?tag=fordraptorforum-20

Second edit:

Just measured the fitting on the stock BOV and it’s about 1 1/8 so I ordered the 1” and 1 1/4”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited: Feb 21, 2020
  3. Pure745

Pure745 Full Access Member

Ordered mine as well :)

Pls post updates as you guys install - mine might not be here till next week.

4. Mbdurham

Mbdurham Full Access Member

If anyone is worried about it being too loud it definitely is not. I had to roll my window down to hear it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

5. Paul Tomlinson

Paul Tomlinson Member

All good installed today on Cobb pipe (I have Cobb FMIC). Really simple install with one bolt to undo on the existing BOV. Twist and replace..

CE8A0C22-774D-4413-9ED4-E01972D0CCD8.jpeg

And then put the blank in the end of the Cobb pipe:

9F7DD09A-601F-43CA-8092-65F40E59E76B.jpeg

To finish I cable tied everything to make it neat. I'm going to be putting a winch in that space in the near future so will tidy up properly then:

15ED8768-C7C3-440B-BA07-49C65146B064.jpeg

Sound is good, not very loud and appears to be inconsistent when it blows at the moment.. I'm sure I'll get used to it.

Only problem I had on the install was removing the skid plate.. The front end has taken a few knocks in the desert so the bolts are really tough to turn. I ended up snapping 3 out of 4 of the little metal brackets. Anyone know a part number to order some more brackets and bolts?

Mbdurham likes this.
  6. Paul Tomlinson

Paul Tomlinson Member

Error code this morning - P0035 Turbocharger Valve A control circuit high.. anyone else? FDE4B68A-09C6-4C85-9D47-A01076681E03.jpeg

7. Biggwrm

Biggwrm Full Access Member

Hopefully a fluke thing. Was gonna install mine today. First issue Ive heard.
    Normal driving? Or pushing it to test it?

8. Pure745

Pure745 Full Access Member

Was also going to install mine today - hopefully this isn't common. Also saw he had the COBB FMIC, maybe that had something to do with it?

9. Nick@Apollo-Optics

[email protected] Supporting Vendor Supporting Vendor

10. Jburns1122

Jburns1122 Member

Odd for sure...any chance you may have damaged the solenoid on top when you installed it? I dont have them in front of me, but I recall the instructions being very particular about taking "special" care not to damage it or twist the wiring or something.