Turbos Quit Working

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Swamp Fox

Reaction score
I had one turbo go at 11,000 miles, now at 19,000 miles the other one is starting to go. It smokes white and blue (badly) and the power is lacking severely. I miss my gen 1, I regret buying this 2018 POS. Although when it runs properly it has power in a small RPM range that surpasses my 6.2L tremendously. But the handling of the truck sucks. I think they made the Gen 2 for city people that don't experience the back roads and off-road conditions. It's a nice truck to look at but I was purchasing it for function. Fingers crossed Nissan releases the Warrior soon!
The Warrior is listed to have a Cummins Turbo Diesel V8 engine and an Aisin six-speed automatic transmission. If Ford put that engine and transmission in a F250 Raptor I would be really happy!!!

Last edited:

Gsteve

FRF Addict
Reaction score
From what I’m hearing a bolt on the fuel pump bracket failed and the truck was getting low fuel pressure. It’s supposedly not associated with the recall that involved the fuel pump earlier in the year. All I know so far and I’m hearing the part is on back order. Super.

My service advisor says he’s never seen this one before.
Did you have the hp fuel pump replaced under recall? I did and a few weeks later the bolts broke and shut down the whole system

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, same could be said of a bicycle, rollerskate or flip flops. They will all get you there, but it's not the same. ;)

You Gen 2 guys should push Ford for a throw back Harley Davidson edition Raptor. Throw back HD features will include smoke from the exhaust and oil leaks from various engine parts.

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
You Gen 2 guys should push Ford for a throw back Harley Davidson edition Raptor. Throw back HD features will include smoke from the exhaust and oil leaks from various engine parts.

These aren’t leaks, they’re included as part of the 802A “oil presence in crank case indicator”
Damn you gen1 guys are thick...

;-)

Sharkus29

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you are doing with your truck, but the harder you run it, the more maintenance it needs. Race trucks are exponentially more durable than our toy Raptors, but they still need to be rebuilt after every race weekend. If you don't maintain your equipment, that's on you.

He's a troll, I bet he doesn't even own a Gen 2. Probably hasn't even owned a Raptor. He actually sounds a lot like some of the other trolls we have on this forum

Josh228

Reaction score
I have an 18 with 14k miles. Had no issues with it until this morning. On the interstate with freezing rain and snow while passing someone my engine lost power. The turbos stopped working and I could barely maintain 60mph. The engine kept running but had hardly any power.

Good times, this is my 3rd Raptor, besides an IWE I’ve never had an issue. For the first time I wish I had the 6.2 this morning lol.

Anybody seen this issue since they supposedly fixed the inter cooler problems?

Haven’t gotten it to the dealer yet so dunno what the issue is.
Yeah so i have a similar issue this issue is got to do with the turbos shutting down in ur case both mostly might have stopped working is because of the intercooler engine fan anything related to the cooling and air circulation of the engine bay area getting shut down since as u mentioned u were driving in quite an cold condition. In my case i had an accident on the front bottom bumper resulting the fan and intercooler/radiator got damaged because of that after driving with me not knowing it was damaged after few weeks on turbo failed i had this extreme loud muffled turbo noise coming from the left side of the truck resulting in loss of power once turbo was engaged.